Did my medical just get revoked?

G

In the process of trying to correct a previous ADHD omission.. Took the neurocog before hand, did well, and sent my new medical application in. I checked the FAA Airman registry page and it states I have no available medical information when I previously held one. Did I end up screwing myself? I called the FAA and they just keep saying medical under review, etc.

Sounds like they withdrew/revoked your medical. Now you have to wait a while till they decide to get around to your case and make a judgement.

Sounds like they withdrew/revoked your medical. Now you have to wait a while till they decide to get around to your case and make a judgement.

Just spoke with someone else at the FAA who said that the current deferral invalidates the old certificate, which is why it show’s “no medical information” on the airman registry. That’s the first I’ve heard of this.. not that I’m exercising airman privileges anyways.

Just spoke with someone else at the FAA who said that the current deferral invalidates the old certificate, which is why it show’s “no medical information” on the airman registry. That’s the first I’ve heard of this.. not that I’m exercising airman privileges anyways.
Sounds like you should be getting a letter that will explain what's going on.

61.59 Falsification, reproduction, or alteration of applications, certificates, logbooks, reports, or records.
(a) No person may make or cause to be made:

(1) Any fraudulent or intentionally false statement on any application for a certificate, rating, authorization, or duplicate thereof, issued under this part;

(2) Any fraudulent or intentionally false entry in any logbook, record, or report that is required to be kept, made, or used to show compliance with any requirement for the issuance or exercise of the privileges of any certificate, rating, or authorization under this part;

(3) Any reproduction for fraudulent purpose of any certificate, rating, or authorization, under this part; or

(4) Any alteration of any certificate, rating, or authorization under this part.

(b) The commission of an act prohibited under paragraph (a) of this section is a basis for suspending or revoking any airman certificate, rating, or authorization held by that person.

Lesson learned. Don’t come forward to the FAA. Keep your mouth shut.
Actually, untrue. The agency can get your insurance codes. they were unprotected in the ACA of 2010; we gave that away. Where've you been hiding lately?

Actually, untrue. The agency can get your insurance codes. they were unprotected in the ACA of 2010; we gave that away. Where've you been hiding lately?

Can if they need to. If the FAA routinely checked all the airman applications against insurance records there would be a lot of omissions for rather benign medical visits that honestly were forgotten by the applicant.

Can if they need to. If the FAA routinely checked all the airman applications against insurance records there would be a lot of omissions for rather benign medical visits that honestly were forgotten by the applicant.

Computers do a great job of tabulating large amounts of data stored as numerical codes and flagging every questionable one.

They have a never-ending spigot that is really only limited by how much computer hardware they can afford and people to respond to the automated process.

Nobody manually sifts through an entire nation worth of insurance codes. They just give a list of bad ones to the computer and it spits out the results.

OUTER JOIN (pilot_first_name, pilot_last_name, insurance code) where insurance code equals (naughty_pilot_insurance_codes_table)...

In awful pseudo-SQL relational database code.

@gkainz can write a better version of that if you like. LOL. Probably even with indexes to speed up the query. :)

The major problem with it is Docs who play games with codes in order to get paid or help a patient. You see the code for “mild” skin irritation doesn’t qualify the patient to get prescription topical ointments or the really good dressings, but the code for “moderate” does and the Doc can treat the patient.

Garbage in, garbage out. The computer doesn’t care. But the codes aren’t right and often that gets worse as the price of the procedure needed goes up. In at least some cases, the Doc simply tries again with a code that worked and didn’t get payment denied the last time, as long as it’s “close enough”.

Very few patients even see or notice it. Most insurers don’t publish the codes to the patient, even on the Explanation of Benefits, or if it’s there the patient has no clue what it is.

I get the feeling @bbchien has seen a whole bunch of medical fiction written down by well-intentioned Docs who don’t realize they’re going to create a paperwork nightmare, because most people don’t have anybody reading that stuff except when the code spits back a “we don’t pay for that one” response from their insurer.

Computers. Such fun. They never forget a number code they didn’t like. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back