Music for Pilots

Elzy

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Elzee
Amid a Covid stay-at-home lockdown I was looking for some video related to ATC. By chance I came across a funny Christmas tune on Youtube called called 'North Pole Air Traffic Control' and it made me realize there really isn't a thread related to Music For Pilots.
What's good to keep your mind in the clouds while sitting on the ground?

I'm a big fan of the Iron Eagle soundtrack. I can see the scenes in my head when it's playing.

I have a folder in my IPod that I keep flying music on. It ranges from The Foo Fighters to David Benoit, most of them upbeat or classic piano relaxation music.

While it was Joe Cocker who got himself a ticket for an aeroplane in 'The Letter', it was John Denver who was 'Leaving on a Jetplane'....

Dwayne O'Brien's "Song Pilot" album... I Have Arrived, Something in the Air, High Flight, Crystal Ocean, Unusual Attitude, Biplane, Low and Slow, People Places and Planes, We Remember, High Flight Reprise. Not to shamelessly plug my own videos, but I can't find any other links to listen to his music:

There's also Lenny Kravits (Fly Away), Al Stewart (Flying Sorcery), Pink Floyd (Learning to Fly), Steppenwolf (Magic Carpet Ride), some others... I try to use at least mostly aviation related music in my videos.

If you get really bored you can make up your own ...

I love listening to this when I fly cross country... What the rider sees in the train we see in our aircraft in many ways...

I always hope I don’t have a stuck mic during that one... though I sound almost as good on the intercom as I do in the shower ;)
https://youtu.be/6XyRdJr4LSc

There's the old Arthur Godfrey novelty Teterboro Tower.

And (given our propensity for folk-rock in the famous pilots thread), John Denver's Leaving on a Jet Plane and Gordon Lightfoot's Early Morning Rain.

In no particular order:

John Denver
Jim Croce
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Patsy Cline
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Buddy Holly
Randy Rhodes

Back