Anyone flying behind a KSN-770?

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
I have the opportunity to start flying a plane that has a bendix/king KSN-770. I currently am behind a 430w.
I have been told by many and read that it’s quite different. Apparently never really caught on and there’s not a lot of them out there. I read that they do have their faithful out there though. looking to hear more from someone who actually flys with it. Anyone??
Bueler???

Pains me to say this but don’t.

It had promise but sales were not great and any plans for future software/feature upgrade are dead.

I have the opportunity to start flying a plane that has a bendix/king KSN-770. I currently am behind a 430w.
I have been told by many and read that it’s quite different. Apparently never really caught on and there’s not a lot of them out there. I read that they do have their faithful out there though. looking to hear more from someone who actually flys with it. Anyone??
Bueler???
Our club plane has one. It’s not awful but if you gave me a choice, the 770 wouldn’t have been my go to. I’m < 15 hours behind it so I don’t have a lot of insight but if you have specific questions, fire away.

Our club plane has one. It’s not awful but if you gave me a choice, the 770 wouldn’t have been my go to. I’m < 15 hours behind it so I don’t have a lot of insight but if you have specific questions, fire away.
Good to know there is at least one other. I agree not my goto either. But aside from the gps it an inviting offer to fly the plane.
I will shoot you a message when a specific question comes up. My first task is updating the database

Good to know there is at least one other. I agree not my goto either. But aside from the gps it an inviting offer to fly the plane.
I will shoot you a message when a specific question comes up. My first task is updating the database

There aren’t many. We were recently talking to shops about which electronic Attitude and Heading Indicators would interface with it and we had a shop
Say “I honestly don’t know. I’ve never seen a 770 in the wild before” ‍♂️
We do have guys doing ifr training with it and said once they figured it out, it’s pretty solid. Also like ForeFlight, when you land it pulls up a geo-referenced airport diagram to help taxi.

Back