Best fly-in golf locations South FLA

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
looking for golf courses:

very convenient to an airport (like super duper close to the airport)
30-60 minute mooney flight from LNA
course in great shape
shorter course is fine but not required
scantily clad beer cart girls desired
on or near water is cool but not required

tyvm

I am in St. Augustine. Fl and it appears to be the retiree golf capital of the world.
Lots of little airports too.

You might not be old enough to play the golf courses here though.
Do you currently have a pace maker?

KSUA has a golf course bordering the airport, but of course the door to door is probably 2 miles or more. Course just redone, beer chicks down here tend to be in their 70s...pretty sure you want them to keep their clothes on.
This is pretty common to have golf courses next to airports, I suggest you learn how to use Uber. Sabastian is probably your best bet, but I have no first hand info.

What about the Robert Trent Jones golf trail courses? https://www.rtjgolf.com/

Some are close to airports, some not as close.

The one at Auburn/Opelika is only 10 miles from the airport. I believe the course in Muscle Shoals is also about 10 miles from that airport.

Stonebridge Golf Club is 3.4 miles from the Rome (RMG) airport.

I think there's a golf course on the end of every runway in florida. Seriously though St Augustine is what popped into my head, but there are a lot of others.

Jekyll Island Georgia - not quite Florida, but easy to get to golf from the airport and airport is very chill. Also Fernandina Beach Airport is surrounded by multiple courses

What about the Robert Trent Jones golf trail courses? https://www.rtjgolf.com/

Some are close to airports, some not as close.

The one at Auburn/Opelika is only 10 miles from the airport. I believe the course in Muscle Shoals is also about 10 miles from that airport.

Stonebridge Golf Club is 3.4 miles from the Rome (RMG) airport.

So there’s an Opelika AND an Opalacka FLA?

So there’s an Opelika AND an Opalacka FLA?
Opelika, AL.

St Simons, GA also has golf courses. Even better they have Southern Soul BBQ. Yum!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

X59 (Valkaria just south of Melbourne/Cocoa Beach, non-towered, nice runways) has a nice course right there. Park the plane, walk to it. I've played the course one time with my daughter and really liked it. Not too expensive either. X59 is a very friendly airport too.

I am in St. Augustine. Fl and it appears to be the retiree golf capital of the world.
Lots of little airports too.

You might not be old enough to play the golf courses here though.
Do you currently have a pace maker?

I don't have a pace maker but I AM a bad driver and I seem to have a hankering for early bird specials, does that count?

X59 (Valkaria just south of Melbourne/Cocoa Beach, non-towered, nice runways) has a nice course right there. Park the plane, walk to it. I've played the course one time with my daughter and really liked it. Not too expensive either. X59 is a very friendly airport too.

looks promising, thanks!

Riverbend Golf Course is adjacent to KOMN (Ormond Beach) airport. The FBO, such as it is sort of sux, but the golf course is within walking distance, even while carrying clubs. I'm not sure about a Mooney, but my Bo can make it in 60 mins (~168nm). And if you time it right, I might be able to pick you up and and take you to lunch.

But to be honest, I have never played there. I gave up Golf before I moved here.

KCRG, Blue Sky golf course is adjacent to runway 14.

Back