How Accurate Is The Crash Scene From Flight

Wait ... there’s a movie after the opening scene? Idk why but my video player just kept rewinding the opening scene.

Thanks for the heads up I’ll have to see if I can get it to play after the 2’ mark or whatever

I wasn't even fond of the opening scene, but I am a little biased against CGI. It never looks real to me.

It's a movie.... wasn't expecting realism.

with the Apollo 13 movie, yes, I was expecting realism... which is why the when Lovell flies over his house, having cgi contrails was dumb dumb dumb.

It's a movie.... wasn't expecting realism.

with the Apollo 13 movie, yes, I was expecting realism... which is why the when Lovell flies over his house, having cgi contrails was dumb dumb dumb.
Yeah but they were both movies. ;)

I agree that Flight wasn't about a real event, but it wasn't sci-fi either. They wanted to make you think it was something that could happen in the real world.

I agree that Flight wasn't about a real event, but it wasn't sci-fi either. They wanted to make you think it was something that could happen in the real world.

Really? I guess I didn't think of it that way... I paid more attention to the story rather than the (un)realism of the incident (kind of like the unrealism of various car-chase scenes or the ultra ludicrous gunfights in the the John Wick movie). ok, some people watch movies for the glitz and special effects... me, not so much.

Really? I guess I didn't think of it that way... I paid more attention to the story rather than the (un)realism of the incident (kind of like the unrealism of various car-chase scenes or the ultra ludicrous gunfights in the the John Wick movie). ok, some people watch movies for the glitz and special effects... me, not so much.
Apparently the OP was wondering about the (un)realism too, or at least wanted to know how (un)real it was. I could have made the mistake of thinking they wanted to make it realistic, not like the car chases and explosions you see on film. The scene in Top Gun where they take off their O2 masks to talk was annoying to me too... even though I know Top Gun is fantasy.

Accurate when compared to real life. Some movies and TV shows are very accurate when compared to real life an example that comes to mind is medical dramas, they use real medical practices. I was watching House M.D (I think) with a friend who is in the medical field and he told me the way they intubate patients is something right out of a medical textbook, he also said that even though some episodes tended to exaggerate the medical conditions they were for the most part pretty spot on with the symptoms.

House was less accurate than Flight lol. Even Hugh Laurie thought it was too over the top, but it was popular so they kept pushing it.

I was at a relative's house and they decided to watch this because they thought I might like it, being a pilot. Um no.

Back when I was an active climber, I was tricked into watching both Cliffhanger and Vertical Limit.

In a world where most movies about some specialized activity do a terrible job of portraying said activity, those two films have to be among the worst portrayals.

Back