COVID-19 and medicals

Don't infer requirements that do not exist. No where in question 18 does it ask about loss of smell or taste.
Wouldn't that be an example of a disability as referred to in question 18x?

Is not being able to taste something a disability?
Well maybe not as dramatic as other forms of disability, but it does suck to have everything taste like nothing. I've noted a general loss of appetite. I'm hopeful that this is temporary, but it's going on 3 weeks now.

Is not being able to taste something a disability?
If you were employed as a chef it would be.

He said he lost his sense of smell too, and I think someone already pointed out that not being able to smell smoke in the cockpit could be a problem.

I learned a long time ago that I don't have the ability to predict what medical conditions the FAA will consider to be a problem.

I'll honestly answer anything that MedXPress or my AME wants to know, but I have never had either the FAA or the AME ask me about sense of taste or sense of smell, and like many other things, I'm not going to volunteer it.

Well maybe not as dramatic as other forms of disability, but it does suck to have everything taste like nothing. I've noted a general loss of appetite. I'm hopeful that this is temporary, but it's going on 3 weeks now.

Stick your nose in a jar of cinnamon. Anything?

I went through the same thing. The loss of smell was a godsend (or a curse) when my dog protested his lost mid-day walk by pooping on the floor next to the bed I was recovering from. I think I lost 15 lbs due to loss of appetite and the loss of anything tasting good. My smell & taste came back after about two weeks, but YMMV.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back