Can you send medical info to the FAA before they request it?

G

As the title suggests, I have a medical application that has been deferred to the FAA (ADHD), but have not yet received the request for more information. I’ve already taken the neuropsychological exam and had good test scores. Is there anyway to send the report to the FAA before I get the request for more info? I’m just trying to speed up this incredibly slow process.

you'll only confuse whoever opens the mail which will likely cause either a longer delay while the bureaucrat tries to figure out why he has the answer to step 3 before asking the question. when dealing with any govt agency it's best to let the beast work at it's own pace.

Last edited:
As the title suggests, I have a medical application that has been deferred to the FAA (ADHD), but have not yet received the request for more information. I’ve already taken the neuropsychological exam and had good test scores. Is there anyway to send the report to the FAA before I get the request for more info? I’m just trying to speed up this incredibly slow process.

Write info. Put in envelope. Address and stamp said envelope. Put in out going mail. Is it a good idea? I dunno

OP, not an expert. However, any medical consultant or experienced AME will know what needs to be sent in upon deferral.

I have a medical issue right now, when I go in for my medical, I will get a deferral. At that same time my consultants will be sending in a massive package with tests and records. Thus, there is no hunt down for paperwork. This also makes you look like a prepared applicant.

I would not take the advice of wait and see. If these tests are typically required for your condition, then I would absolutely send those in, otherwise, you’re just extending the process.

Last edited:
I’ve already taken the neuropsychological exam and had good test scores.

You should be 100% sure that the FAA's determination for "good test scores" is the same as yours. Otherwise you're just feeding them information that could come to haunt you. I think that you are already on the treadmill with the deferral due to the history of ADHD and that attempting to speed the process up might end up doing the opposite. This is why I think it's important for all flight instructors to advise students about this pitfall before they apply for their first medical.

You should be 100% sure that the FAA's determination for "good test scores" is the same as yours. Otherwise you're just feeding them information that could come to haunt you. I think that you are already on the treadmill with the deferral due to the history of ADHD and that attempting to speed the process up might end up doing the opposite. This is why I think it's important for all flight instructors to advise students about this pitfall before they apply for their first medical.

The report said, “There are no indications of cognitive deficiencies or deficiencies that may jeapordies the safe operation of an aircraft.”

I’m pretty confident in that statement and the supporting evidence my neuropsych provided. My AME said I should have no problem passing, but said it’s not possible to send information preemptively, which I know is not true based on my readings on this forum. I would like to speed up the process without confusing whoever will be reviewing my file. I’m just not exactly sure how to do that without a PI/reference number.

My AME said I should have no problem passing, but said it’s not possible to send information preemptively, which I know is not true based on my readings on this forum.
Wow. Another AME that lies.

This is why I think it's important for all flight instructors to advise students about this pitfall before they apply for their first medical.

One of the reasons I put up the medical info page at http://tinyurl.com/faaMedicalInfo . I hope instructors will start giving new students this information or sending them to that page.

Lots of terrible information here.
If it is favorable ( you need someone who understands it to read EVERY word) send it in. ADHD standards are pretty cut and dried.

You may save a ninety day cycle of:

"We cannot determine if you are eligible for the certificate for which you have applied. Please within 60 days send...."
FAA's cycles keep getting longer and longer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back