pilotinstitute.com - has anyone used it?

thebruce

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
the Bruce
I got the attached offer my social media feed. Wondering if anyone has used pilotinstitute.com or reviewed it. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201128-081830.png
    Screenshot_20201128-081830.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 77
I have an obvious bias, but be advised that it is primarily talking head/lecture format. And what the heck? Maybe that is exactly what you are looking for.

I’ve actually never heard of it until now...

Excellent, thebruce! Glad to have you. Have you started your instrument flight training yet?

Excellent, thebruce! Glad to have you. Have you started your instrument flight training yet?
I haven't, though over the past several years I have from time to time dug into the concept of instrument flying, and the various methods of achieving the rating. I'm 50, but find I'm still a reasonably quick learner, and I know from experience that I'm a visual learner. My real challenge will be finding the time to get up with an instructor often enough to get through the training without extended breaks. Again based on experience I expect the most likely path to success for me will be to dig in hard to the ground school until a good number of the concepts and vernacular are ingrained, then get up in the air to apply some real world experience to the mental model I've created. Looking forward to getting started!

Although we already have an instrument test prep program (GoldMethod), we are actively developing a new comprehensive online ground school for instruments. Shoot me an email at russell@groundschool.com if you'd like to become one of our beta testers.

Although we already have an instrument test prep program (GoldMethod), we are actively developing a new comprehensive online ground school for instruments. Shoot me an email at russell@groundschool.com if you'd like to become one of our beta testers.

When does the online ground school start? Is it a "live" online class with real time instruction, participant questions, etc., or pre recorded material?

I used GoldMethod for either instrument or commercial written prep can't remember which one. Good stuff. I really like the fact that it eliminates questions from the bank once you have demonstrated satisfactory knowledge. That is a big time saver. Russ, I haven't looked at your private course, but your public video material is really good. I'm sure the instrument course is going to be great.

Prepping for CFII, I'm now and going back through the Sporty's instrument course. I don't think I used that course to its fullest extent as a student. Now seeing it through the eyes of an instructor, it is very solid too.

When does the online ground school start? Is it a "live" online class with real time instruction, participant questions, etc., or pre recorded material?
Hi, WDD. If you're referring to the full instrument pilot course, that is still under development. The private pilot course is online now (and has been since 2006). You can sign up at that one for free to check it out.
www.GroundSchool.com

I’m working on instrument now. Plowing through the kings videos. Good, but I learn a lot by also doing quizzes, thinking through the questions, etc. I used Gleim for ppl. Book was a bit outdated and a little disorganized IMHO, but the on line constant quizzing was helpful

Thinking an on line “live” class allowing participation would be helpful as well .

I've been curious about Pilot Institute for a while as well. I'm liking the short lesson format and how its organized. I'm starting to train for my Instrument Rating and it seems PI would compliment it well along with the FAA books and the Jeppesen Instrument Commercial book.

Back