old Mods vs new Mods

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
we all know all the OLD mods have been around forever and quite honestly don't do all that much. I won't say they're worthless, but I mean, c'mon, man!

flap gap seals, wheel pants, slicker cowls, powerflow exhausts, even winglets.....

not exactly a waste of money, not exactly a waste of time, but you really don't get all that much out of them.

but where are the NEW mods? can new mods, if they even exist, be even more worthless than the old ones? what was the last 'new mod' that was worth a damn? like most of our planes, most of the mods are old AF. when will we see some new mods that give any real benefit? how 'bout a new mod that offers the best speed per dollar spent? where ARE they, I ask you??

here's hoping to improved, new mods. for everyone. even for high wings. I'd like to see a spray-on speed mod. you know, something you spray on your plane and automatically get an extra 10 knots. yeah, that's the ticket.

I hear this is new mod getting STC’d soon and will get you 700 knots on 3.14 GPH, even better than the LearBaron could do.

Personally I’d just install it without a logbook entry if I had a plane:

Sounds lik "let's eat gramma!" or "let's eat, gramma!"

You never know what the new mods can do, until you try them.

Mods vs Rockers..... that what you mean?

The STC process is prohibitally expensive and restrictive, it discourages new technology, even ones that would make you safer.

Electronic ignition for example. You can't just get an approval for a particular model engine, nope, you also have to individually certify it in every type/model airplane you want to use it in.

What's the result... a really expensive certification process for a small customer base, which generally will never make business sense.

If there were some substance you could spray onto a plane that made it go faster, wouldn’t @eman1200 have stumbled on it by now just by accident?

In explaining the secret mods us experimental guys use I'd have to go all "Nigel Tufnel" on ya!

:D

Don't touch it. Don't point. It can't be played. Youve seen enough!

Was home sick from school one day and that was on. I really thought the mockumentary was a documentary. Probably the only thing of Reiner's I ever liked.

For about 900 AMUs we could modify eman's wings to be Citius, Altius, Fortius. Well, maybe not any more Fortius than his current ride. But it would definitely go at least 10 knots faster, and have those coveted wheel pants everyone seems to pant for. And a red handle in the ceiling. Apparently complicated cupholders too. Matching the green paint...maybe not so easy. Regardless, that would sorta be a new mod for eman, non?

Change out your airspeed with one calibrated to kilometers..it will make you go faster .

Can't tell if these are the old or new mods:

65fd0f189909e3b25b20948c27296fb9.jpg

Peggy died last year after a long bout with colon cancer.

She held up well over the years. The following is form 2012 (with spouse Quincy Jones and daughter Rashida. She had already been fighting cancer for seven years):

ap19132134106055_e1557674557530.0.jpg

ah. before my time. still should'a got the reference though. shame on me.
Don't feel bad, I had no clue what the comment was about at first glance. I had to use Google-Fu to search Mod Squad to check who the actress in Mod Squad was, since I wasn't even born when that show ended, lol.

I think the current set of mods are not any better than the old mods. Just different names. The Next-Gen (tm) mods might be the ones to watch though.

I think the current set of mods are not any better than the old mods. Just different names. The Next-Gen (tm) mods might be the ones to watch though.

so, kind of a 'meet the new mods, same as the old mods' ?

I’m now realizing how much people only liked my posts because I was a mod. I would’ve thought the Turbo Encabulator would’ve gotten at least one like! :(
The truth hurts. ;)

“My name is Ted, and one day, I’ll be dead, yo, yo...”

Reactions: Ted
Back