crib notes on Net-Jets

What's it cost to fly that way.
Depends. What type aircraft? How many hours needed per year? Etc. But for a non-NetJets reference I do know a PC-12 goes for about $475K for a 1/8th share (100 hrs/year), about $10K per month management fee, about $8K/flt hr use fee, plus any misc costs like fuel surcharges. Jet costs can go easily x1.5, x2, etc.

I always love to see stuff like this that makes owning and operating my Aztec look positively economical. :D

I shall pass this on to the resident Secretary of the Treasury (Mrs. GRG55) for future reference the next time I get one of those raised eyebrow looks after receiving an AMU denominated invoice.

The ad says ... "PREMIUM SERVICE IS PRICELESS" and I bet that's right!

Appears I'll have to continue jetting around in my two seater at a measly 120 knots ... :happydance:

Depends. What type aircraft? How many hours needed per year? Etc. But for a non-NetJets reference I do know a PC-12 goes for about $475K for a 1/8th share (100 hrs/year), about $10K per month management fee, about $8K/flt hr use fee, plus any misc costs like fuel surcharges. Jet costs can go easily x1.5, x2, etc.
Seems pretty pricey for a pc12. Looking at our tripsheets ME turbines are about 1200 to 1400a flt hour and our 8 passenger jets are 2200 to 2500. No buy in or anything just call up and schedule.

I think the big names are way more expensive but small operators running a nextant or CJ seem to fall in the 2500 to 3000 an hr range.

We would like to transport 8 adults Seattle - Hilo, HI and back once.

Assuming you’re talking about for a vacation for some period of time? Week or so? The thing with the larger operators is the plane won’t stay there, so you may effectively have to pay for two round trips. A smaller operator (still need a good sized plane to do that - Challenger comes to mind) might keep the plane there and the pilots stay while you’re on vacation and ultimately be cheaper. One of my friends flew for an operator like that. He spent a lot more time wandering around Caribbean islands than flying the Lear.

Seems pretty pricey for a pc12. Looking at our tripsheets ME turbines are about 1200 to 1400a flt hour and our 8 passenger jets are 2200 to 2500. No buy in or anything just call up and schedule.
FYI: difference between true fractional ownership and the other options. Have helped several individuals explore these options. If you want to own a piece of a PC-12 these numbers are fairly accurate. If you want a seat in one when you want it then much cheaper.

Look for charter brokers in the PNW. They specialize in those types of flights vs fractional or jet card memberships.

private-jet-cost-pricing

What's it cost to fly that way.

Netjets has several cost plans right now. I’ve been doing a lot of demos lately and have overheard our sales folks talking about some enticing pricing with some existing tax savings. I won’t go to the details because I’m not a sales guy and I know I’m going to quote it wrong.

I’ve been flying for them for almost 15 years. I can tell you that there is no better fractional company out there. I have friends at almost everyone of them. Tell me what other company is wanting to increase our pilot contract benefits and pay the pilots more? NetJets is, which is crazy giving the current situation in the aviation industry.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the company or our operations. I have no idea what the prices are though. That has to come from our sales folks.

No other fractional can do what we do simply because we have the fleet types and over 430 aircraft to make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for charter brokers in the PNW. They specialize in those types of flights vs fractional or jet card memberships.

I've checked the local guys, they are not able to do the distance.

Wouldn't you need a Gulfstream for that? Most bizjets aren't really up for that distance.
Gulfstream, falcon 2000 LX or 900ex or 7X/8X, challenger 350 or 604 or 650, Global (any variety), Praetor 500 , legacy 600. Probably a lot of biz jets can get it done. Looks like its only 2200 nm

At least $30k.

If that doesn't scare you away then call a charter broker and see what they can find you.

Wouldn't you need a Gulfstream for that? Most bizjets aren't really up for that distance.

Gulfstream, falcon 2000 LX or 900ex or 7X/8X, challenger 350 or 604 or 650, Global (any variety), Praetor 500 , legacy 600. Probably a lot of biz jets can get it done. Looks like its only 2200 nm

Challenger 300 would do it as well. Citation X, Sovereign, Latitude/Longitude I think could do those just fine as well but be less comfortable for 8.

You’re looking at a super mid to do it but you don’t need a Gulfstream, at least not a big one.

What is the airline alternative? 8 first class seats (or just buy out the whole section) might be a lot less. Hassle of security etc. Maybe $10 to $20k for all the seats?

I've checked the local guys, they are not able to do the distance.
FYI: charter broker different than charter operater. Most brokers contract to multiple operaters and usually have access to different equipment. Another option is a travel agent that specializes in small group travel services.

Last edited:
Back