NA - Tyson Fight Tonight

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Anyone watching this tonight?

I think its petty cool. I have never been much into sports but in college, we would always watch Tyson fights PPV at someone's apartment and I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Looks like this is Boxing lite being eight 2 minute rounds but still should be fun to watch him.
He seems to be in great shape but looks like the other fella has more advantages.

https://tysonontriller.com/how-to-watch/

Screenshot_3.jpg

Where is that one streaming and who is he fighting?

I'd like to see Iron Mike, but not $50 worth. Hope it doesn't end up like Ali's final fight(s). They were pretty pitiful.

Man, I remember the Floyd Mayweather vs. Connor McGregor fight clearly to this day. I totally predicted the outcome. McGregor fought it like a UFC fight banking on winning in the first three. Mayweather fought it like it was going nine rounds. Technically, I think McGregor was the better fighter, but we will never know. Mayweather in a UFC environment would be destroyed in the first round.

I just got a review on the fight...LOL.
Snoop said Tyson & Jones look like 2 uncles fighting at the family BBQ.
1f602.png

That fight was not anywhere near as exciting as I thought it would be. Pretty disappointing...

That fight was not anywhere near as exciting as I thought it would be. Pretty disappointing...

There was a brief moment in round 2 where it looked like Tyson was going to pound Jones into the mat but then it looked like Tyson quickly got tired and decided to hug it out.
The most impressive thing was Jake Paul knocking Nate Robertson out. That dude went down hard.

I’ve always been intrigued by Tyson, but I’m not paying $60 for an exhibition fight.

Young Mike Tyson was an amazing boxer. One of his early victims said the only time he'd been hit harder was by a truck. A pity his life choices caught up to him so hard.

Snoop Dog commentating that the Tyson fight was like two uncles fighting at a family BBQ is enough to tell me that it wasn't worth paying anything to see.

Then man is a convicted violent rapist for which he served a serious prison sentence just a few years ago. And people talk as if it never happened. I don't get it. Wonder what his victim feels like hearing people talk about him like he's something other than the lowest form of human waste.

Then man is a convicted violent rapist for which he served a serious prison sentence just a few years ago. And people talk as if it never happened. I don't get it. Wonder what his victim feels like hearing people talk about him like he's something other than the lowest form of human waste.

aaaaaaaand here we go.

"just a few years ago" is almost 30 years ago, by the way. I'm sure no one is claiming the guy is a saint, but he's one of the all time greats in the ring and that's what the discussion is about. well, sorta.

Young Mike Tyson was an amazing boxer. One of his early victims said the only time he'd been hit harder was by a truck. A pity his life choices caught up to him so hard.

Young Mike Tyson was an amazing sledgehammer. His fights never lasted long enough to actually box. I had a friend who was in Vegas for a Tyson fight. Went to get a beer and by the time he got to his seat the fight was over.

aaaaaaaand here we go.

"just a few years ago" is almost 30 years ago, by the way. I'm sure no one is claiming the guy is a saint, but he's one of the all time greats in the ring and that's what the discussion is about. well, sorta.
Wonder if your perspective would be the same if it was your wife or daughter that was violently raped? "Ahh, yeah, but that was a few years ago, so they're fine now".

Wonder if your perspective would be the same if it was your wife or daughter that was violently raped? "Ahh, yeah, but that was a few years ago, so they're fine now".

So, did he complete his sentence as required by law? If so, what bearing does that have on anything? He repaid his debt to society (as prescribed by law) so not sure what else you want out of him. Note: this isn't a commentary on whether his sentence was appropriate/etc., just that I'm not seeing what the conviction has to do with his boxing career in this context.

I am just glad there is things like Pro boxing, wrestling and football.

I mean I would hate for these guys to be hangin' out on street corners with nothin' to do.....

Back