Buying Used A20- what to look for?

rene86mx

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
rene86mx
Hi

I found a guy selling the Bluetooth version for $600

çI'm asking for pictures. This would be a cash transaction but not at the airport so won't have a way for testing them.

What should I look for? Serial Number or something like that?

Thanks

Hi

I found a guy selling the Bluetooth version for $600

çI'm asking for pictures. This would be a cash transaction but not at the airport so won't have a way for testing them.

Thanks
The ear pads tend to break down over time, easy to replace for $25-$50. Chinese knockoffs are available too. You would likely want replace the microphone foam too. Otherwise, you'd have to test them. One way to at least partially test them is to pair them to your phone and make a phone call. Not the same thing as plugging them into an airplane, but at least you can know if the bluetooth, microphone, speakers, and noise cancellation work.

Yes, the serial number is underneath the headpad. Make sure it's there.

Also, do you have a handheld with headset jacks? Use that to test. Maybe connect your phone via Bluetooth and make a test call.

Yes, the serial number is underneath the headpad. Make sure it's there.

Also, do you have a handheld with headset jacks? Use that to test. Maybe connect your phone via Bluetooth and make a test call.

There are two different versions of bluetooth. The older bluetooth will not do music from the phone but the newer one will as I understand. I think I paid about that for the older bluetooth version.

Looks like the new style Bluetooth so you should be able to pair with your phone to make sure everything works but as mentioned it would be good to take a handheld too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reach out to pig pen racing. He refurbishes and sells headsets. He can let you k is that you’re looking at.

Yes. Pigpen can’t sell you a Bose, but he is a helpful source of information on the various brands of headsets. Helped me a bit with information - nice guy

The noise reduction works without being plugged in, make sure you have batteries to test it. Inspect the battery case to insure there was no previous battery leaks.
A portable aviation radio could be used to test it.

Beyond the obvious does it work, I would want to know the answer to two questions.
  1. Is it still under warranty? (Probably not)
  2. What or how does Bose charge for out-of-warranty repairs?
I don't know the answer for Bose but have had different experiences with #2.

Back