Corporate Pilot Jobs

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
What kind of qualifications time or other requirements do operators look for to sit in the right seat of Corporate jets? How do you get a start, lots of information on airline jobs not so much on how to get in to the Corporate side.

Depends on the company and the airframe. I've seen requirements for everything from just multi-engine and 500 hours up to 3000 hours with 1000 time-in-type.

Networking is the most important part. All the jobs I've had over the years have been gotten through networking.

That has been my observation as well. I'm not really a corporate pilot (although technically kind of) but all the corporate pilot slots I've seen get filled in my area are filled with local pilots who likely already knew someone in the flight department or they were known around the airport. The actual pilot qualifications are often secondary.

The jobs that I’ve seen have requirements higher than pre Covid since there’s a lot of highly qualified applicants out there.

One of the best ways to "network" is to be the re-fueler at a big corporate FBO. Being "Jenny-on-the-spot" gives you access to the pilots you need to meet.

What kind of qualifications time or other requirements do operators look for to sit in the right seat of Corporate jets? How do you get a start, lots of information on airline jobs not so much on how to get in to the Corporate side.

Get a large rolodex of contacts. Corporate flying is all who you know, not so much your flight time.

Get a large rolodex of contacts. Corporate flying is all who you know, not so much your flight time.

Getting ahead in life is simple... It is not who you know. It is not even what you know. What is important is what you know about who you know. :p

Unless you know A LOT about WHO you know, then you Jeffrey Epstein yourself, lol.

Or to reference that corporate pilot gig, it's not who you know, or what you know, but how you look.

One of the best ways to "network" is to be the re-fueler at a big corporate FBO. Being "Jenny-on-the-spot" gives you access to the pilots you need to meet.

That is how I got my first flying job. Got hired as a citation first officer with about 400 hours because of a contact I made pumping gas and dumping lavs

Same here. Got hired right seat on a Citation I while in college at the airport I was instructing at. Right place, right time.

You might know someone, and they might know you, but it's important to be able to get along with the person in the other seat. After all, you will be sitting with them for hours. That's what I would look at if I was hiring. Some combinations of people are like oil and water.

Back