Dixie Wing Saturday

FFC. Formation clinics ran all day today and tomorrow. Tons of noise and the sweet smell of burning blue. :)

BABE6AC3-8039-433D-BCB3-0601E964539A.jpeg

Oh man, not far at all. Any idea when the next one will be? I’d like to come down for it!

Laura is there in one of the Beech twins. Would have loved to go down there, but our oldest got married today. They did a small civil service and we do a big wedding in April. Her job is going away by the end of the year, so they needed to move up the official marriage to get her on her husband's insurance.

I'm bummed I couldn't go down there to meet-up with Laura again and to see the formation flying, but priorities.

Wayne

Oh man, not far at all. Any idea when the next one will be? I’d like to come down for it!

Erlanger shares the same CTAF as Falcon. I can hear those guys all the way up here. “Falcon traffic North American 12345 five mile initial for the overhead, Falcon.”

AHHHH... That explains it!! My dad and I were hunting down at Joe Kurz WMA near Haralson today and heard the P-51 buzzing around this morning then a couple of big round engines circled overhead most of the day. I only caught a glimpse of the white belly once from the tree I was sitting in, but definitely sounded like follow the leader - formation clinic explains it.

On the way home I said "I wonder if CAF at FFC is doing something this weekend?"

Erlanger shares the same CTAF as Falcon. I can hear those guys all the way up here. “Falcon traffic North American 12345 five mile initial for the overhead, Falcon.”
Wow!

Btw - That wasn’t you about 3:45p crossing E to W over FGU was it?

I hear the same thing up at VPC.

And yesterday was a beautiful day for flying in North Georgia.

I hear the same thing up at VPC.

And yesterday was a beautiful day for flying in North Georgia.

Yeah VPC is what I hear mostly on the freq. They can get fairly busy down there.

Back