For Sale 1966 Airworthy Cessna 150 for sale - pilot recently passed, widow selling

Michael Marra

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Mike Marra N714AJ
Greetings All,

It is with heavy heart I help offer my friend Tom's 1966 Cessna 150 for sale. Tom just "Flew West" from cancer and I am trying to help his beloved widow, Martha, sell his airplane.

Attached is the add with the phone number of the A&P who is the caretaker of the aircraft right now. The plane is now at Potomac, W35 in Western Maryland.

I am sorry I do not have any more specifics other than what is posted on the add below - please call the number. Widow is ready to sell. (She asked me to post this)

I've flown with this plane all over the Eastern USA and it never let Tom down anywhere! I hope the aircraft finds a good home and it continues to fly well!

Best of luck, Mike

Attachments

• N8822S Cessna 150 for sale Nov 2019.jpg
    N8822S Cessna 150 for sale Nov 2019.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 406
  • P1040337.JPG
    P1040337.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 22SatN31.jpg
    22SatN31.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 287
  • P1040307.JPG
    P1040307.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 285
  • P1060056.JPG
    P1060056.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 290
Beautiful plane. Maybe its just me, but the older I get, the more beautiful I find these older Cessnas. As a kid, I really didn't like these ugly 70s clap traps. Now I look at them and think, "that's a beautiful plane".

Condolences to the family, and good luck with sale. It is a handsome aircraft.

I love my plane, but my family doesn't want to fly with me. I hope that sometime (hopfully far into the future) when it is my time, someone will step forward to help my family sell my plane as you're doing for your friend.

Thanks Gents!

Indeed, a grieving widow is the last person who needs to be selling an airplane they know little about...tough situation.

Always good to pre-identify a flying buddy to do this for you if circumstances are such that you won't be around...

We had another buddy in the same circumstance who turned his plane over to a broker months before he "flew west" so his wife would not have to deal with it.

I saw that as the way to go, should I ever get terminal malady.

Mike N714AJ

I know it has a number but does anyone have the stats on the plane yet? Looking for my first plane.

I have seen quite a few folks who say they are looking for a C-150. This one should sell quickly, Mike. A great thing you are doing for the family.

SOLD!
To a young man buying his first airplane last week...thank you all for spreading the word.
The widow is relieved and likes the young man who purchased the plane.

Am sure she appreciates your help Michael ... good job!

Thank you everyone. The widow actually went out and met the young man...then she called me to tell me and thank us all for putting the word out there for her as she (as with most of our spouses) had no idea how to go about selling an airplane....

Q: How do I get the "SOLD" to come up in the title so people know this one is OBE?

I tried going to "edit" but I only get options to change the narrative and not the title...I know there is a way, I just do not know how.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Mike

Thank you everyone. The widow actually went out and met the young man...then she called me to tell me and thank us all for putting the word out there for her as she (as with most of our spouses) had no idea how to go about selling an airplane....

Q: How do I get the "SOLD" to come up in the title so people know this one is OBE?

I tried going to "edit" but I only get options to change the narrative and not the title...I know there is a way, I just do not know how.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Mike
Go to the top of the page on the right hand side. Find "Thread tools" and select "edit title" from the drop down menu.

Since you're the OP you can look at the top right and find "thread tools" to edit the title.

Edit: Don't listen to me, do what @JOhnH advised.

Back