It’s what happens AFTER the heart transplant heli crashes...

Maybe try using carrier pigeons next time.:)

Would sure make for an interesting medical malpractice discovery process....:eek:

Unreal. I pray the intended recipient gets a working heart and lives to tell THIS story!

Just imagine the FAA paperwork if the recipient applies for a special issuance....!

“You had one job...”

But I join others in best wishes for the recipient.

and condolences to the donor’s family and friends. Hope the recipient’s recovery gives them some solace.

Last edited:
That’s what happens when you let non medcrews touch the merchandise. Trips on a 1 “ high embedded pad light. SMH.

Afterwards, the patient can tell everyone he was in a plane crash!

I bet they go for it.
Patient in need; probably will die without it.
Finding a matching heart; I hear it's not that easy.
That kind of organ damage; probably minimal.
I will ask my transplant surgeon pilot friend.

It’s killing me. There’s either a scene in Airplane or some other comedy movie where there’s a heart transplant cooler jumping around on a desk and I can’t find it.

Patient is already prep'd and asleep on the table. Patient wakes up after surgery. Doctor walks in. "Sooooooooo, about your new heart....."

Man I'm not sure I'd want that heart... the luck the donor had sure sucks...
A) To be in a position such that they're donating their heart
B) Helicopter crash
C) Heart gets dropped

It might be safer to go without that person's luck...

Man I'm not sure I'd want that heart... the luck the donor had sure sucks...
A) To be in a position such that they're donating their heart
B) Helicopter crash
C) Heart gets dropped

It might be safer to go without that person's luck...

Don't think B and C can be attributed to the donor. His/her luck ended with A.

One of my lifelong friends...a 6500 hour military pilot...received a donor heart from a 23 year old that OD'ed on heroin. He was 68 years old and has a brand new lease on life. He has had it for four years now.

It was hard to watch this video and not think that someone might not receive that organ.

did soneone at least rinse it off before insertion? seriously, hope the recipient is ok.
I would think that lack of sterility would be a problem. When I transported a kidney on a Civil Air Patrol flight, it was packaged in a sealed box, so dropping it would not have resulted in contamination.

I would think that lack of sterility would be a problem. When I transported a kidney on a Civil Air Patrol flight, it was packaged in a sealed box, so dropping it would not have resulted in contamination.

Someone’s humor turboencabulator isn’t engaged today... :)

In the drama (?) series One Tree Hill, the bad guy was to get a heart transplant. As someone was carrying the replacement heart into the hospital, he tripped and fell, the heart spilled out of its container, right into the jaws of someone's seeing eye dog...

Mmmmm...

25 years ago I was flying from Charleston to Cincinnati. I didn't have my COVID beard, in fact, I looked and dressed more than respectably. We had had a good week fishing, and I had some frozen shark I was taking home. I had a tiny red-and-white cooler, with a blue nylon strap around it. I chucked it through the x-ray machine, and it looked like body parts. In fact, security asked if I even wanted it to go through! I told them it would be unharmed. I then sat down at the gate, and was immediately invited to get on the plane! I even got a better seat, near the door, than my ticket would have allowed.
People stared at me. I didn't know why until months later, when a doctor friend told me that they use those little cooler to transport hearts and kidneys.
I ate what was in my cooler.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

25 years ago I was flying from Charleston to Cincinnati. I didn't have my COVID beard, in fact, I looked and dressed more than respectably. We had had a good week fishing, and I had some frozen shark I was taking home. I had a tiny red-and-white cooler, with a blue nylon strap around it. I chucked it through the x-ray machine, and it looked like body parts. In fact, security asked if I even wanted it to go through! I told them it would be unharmed. I then sat down at the gate, and was immediately invited to get on the plane! I even got a better seat, near the door, than my ticket would have allowed.
People stared at me. I didn't know why until months later, when a doctor friend told me that they use those little cooler to transport hearts and kidneys.

Next time I want an upgrade........

Cheers

Saw a video of a doc recovering the package from the plane and walking across the roof and then tripped and fell and dropped the package. that heart wasn’t meant to be transplanted.

Saw a video of a doc recovering the package from the plane and walking across the roof and then tripped and fell and dropped the package. that heart wasn’t meant to be transplanted.

That’s what this video is. LOL.

giphy.gif

Back