This is a pretty picture.

iflyifr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Iflyifr
New paint job. Total strip and paint. Need to give a shout-out to Woodlake Aircraft Refinishing, Sandwich, Illinois. The attention to detail and the pride that they put into their work is outstanding. They sent pictures of the process, stayed within our budget (and their estimate) and made sure we were on top of the process from start to finish. We are so fortunate to have a paint shop doing quality work here in the upper midwest. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for quality paintwork.
DSCN6387.JPG

DSCN6401.JPG

Love the squiggles on the main pants. Nice looking paint.

Thanks for posting that. Looks great! Happy to see solid work. As an A&P I’m regularly shocked at the unacceptable work found these days. Especially from avionics shops! The FAA in my area is becoming quite put out out by the “no repair station left behind” mentality. My FAA guy tells me there’s an obvious night and day difference in the repair stations hired help vs people who actually study to become an A&P. I saw a plane in the shop the other day that looked like it was painted with a mix of house brush and Autozone spray cans. It was worse than anything I’ve ever seen in my life. And I’m old as hell!

Revisiting this thread to give a shout-out for Woodlake. Got my Archer's cowling & nosewheel fairing repaired and repainted there last week. Took me in right away and finished it in a little over a week - beautiful job!

Had them repaint a wing a few years ago the matching of the colors and stripes was amazing

Is that Sherwin Williams Paint? If so what blues are those?

Is that Sherwin Williams Paint? If so what blues are those?
It is Azko Nobel paint. Over 6000 colors to choose from. My wife picked them out to go with the gray/gray-blues of the interior. She also wanted some metallic. And she definitely wanted the doorjambs painted. She was very specific and they delivered. Over a year and we are still impressed and happy with the paint job.

Back