I am a new pilot on this website

Robert Brunkenhoefer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Brunk
After 51 yrs as a lawyer in Corpus Christi,Tx,I moved to KSRR,in Ruidoso,NM.
Licensed in 1979. Got a1977 Cardinal then IFR rating. Stopped flying in 1983.
Resumed flying in 2003 in another Cardinal. In 2007 bought a Vans RV10. Did not build it.
I have 1400+ hrs. 800+ in my RV 10. I flew with the Canadian Century Club from KCRP via Edmonton to Yellowknife NWT several years ago. I frequently fly to Mazatlan,Mexico.
I have also flown to other Mexico cities and to Toronto once.

Welcome. Fasten your seatbelt.

And... do you do overhead breaks in your 10? Or is that just for the two seaters?

[You'll get the joke shortly as you browse old threads]

I would like to join you folks. I like sharing info on my future trips from SRR to Oregon to visit my kids out there.

Welcome. Fasten your seatbelt.

And... do you do overhead breaks in your 10? Or is that just for the two seaters?

[You'll get the joke shortly as you browse old threads]
I’m not and it’s not an aerobatic plane.I just fly in front while my wife sits in back and pretends she is flying 1st class.

...I just fly in front while my wife sits in back and pretends she is flying 1st class.

Always nice to welcome another participant to the PoA zoo...and warn them not to feed the animals. ;)

Your wife has the right attitude! :D

welcome to POA. I see you've already been given the warning not to feed the animals and keep your hands inside the rickety cart. Enjoy!
KoFa.gif

:D

Just what we need. More lawyers! ;)

Welcome!

Actually quite a few lawyers here - although some of us are in rehab. Where in Oregon will you be flying?

Welcome!

It took until post 15 to ask for pics of the RV?

how about some pics of the RV? :) :needpics:

A6EDB88D-C3C9-4F23-8ABD-A17B329E3AA0.jpeg

This is my bird. It was built from a quick build kit. The builder was an IA and 3 A&P mechanics at Fazar FBO Ft Worth Mecham . It was completed in less than a year and delivered to me in CRP in 2007.We have flown over 800 hrs of sweet times .

Oops !!!
I am a Luddite with no real understanding of how all this works. Sending a picture is a major achievement.

"Because I was.... inverted."

Seriously, nice aircraft! Welcome!

Actually quite a few lawyers here - although some of us are in rehab. Where in Oregon will you be flying?
I want to go to Aurora.It’s nearest to my kids. I have trouble figuring out how to plan my route going west with one overnight midway on the trip. I like to fly about 3.5 hrs in each leg. So may take 2 overnights. North route takes me over and around a bunch of R airspace and south via Nevada has much desert,sparse airport ,terrain. Don’t know any of the airports along either route.. I have flown to Brown AP near Dan Diego,but am afraid SoCal airspace will be daunting going that way. So...... Any ideas?

How do I fill in a map on my page for where I’ve flown?

I'm hoping you get an answer to this; I've filled in the map on three different websites, one or two of which allow direct linking of the map image (which, I believe from other posts I've seen here, is what's required) or the URL of the map, but I've never succeeded in getting the map to appear in my sig line.

Edit: Deelee had the solution!

Last edited:
How do I fill in a map on my page for where I’ve flown?

Go to this site: https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-states-map/app/

Then you can fill in the states you want. There is a button to get the hyperlink to the map with the states filled in. Copy that hyperlink. Then, go to your profile in PoA. Go to the signature link. Click the button to insert an image. Paste in the hyperlink. All done!

Note: When you fly to a new state, no need to redo this whole process. The link is very intuitive. Example: https://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStat...gif&Submit=&states=FL.GA.SC.NC.VA.WV.DE.MD.PA

Note the states= part at the end. Just add the new states to that string separated by a period.

Hope this helps! In thanks, all you need to do is let me fly that beautiful RV! She is gorgeous.

Go to this site: https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-states-map/app/

Then you can fill in the states you want. There is a button to get the hyperlink to the map with the states filled in. Copy that hyperlink. Then, go to your profile in PoA. Go to the signature link. Click the button to insert an image. Paste in the hyperlink. All done!

Note: When you fly to a new state, no need to redo this whole process. The link is very intuitive. Example: https://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStat...gif&Submit=&states=FL.GA.SC.NC.VA.WV.DE.MD.PA

Note the states= part at the end. Just add the new states to that string separated by a period.

That worked! Thanks. My mistake had been generating the link, then adding it to my signature file as a link. Which make sense, but doesn't work. Pretending the link is an image works.

Respectfully beg to differ, thank you. On tandem, and two seats, both.

Life is short, break it as often as you can!
I did it a couple times in a beechjet. I was sharing the flight deck with a retired Marine Aviator. He was always willing to have a little fun when we were empty. Lots of fun.

Respectfully beg to differ, thank you. On tandem, and two seats, both.

Life is short, break it as often as you can!
I did it a couple times in a beechjet. I was sharing the flight deck with a retired Marine Aviator. He was always willing to have a little fun when we were empty. Lots of fun.
Can you or someone out there show me the best route to Aurora,Or

Can you or someone out there show me the best route to Aurora,Or

If it were me, an O2 bottle and the northern route, making a turn around SLC.

But if you limit yourself to 3.5 hour days, the southern route, via Lancaster, CA area, then up the valley would give you varied options for stops.

Sorry I'm not more specific, just a lot of variables for an 8 hour trip. Maybe call the Mothership, I am sure they've got some experience along that general route.

Last edited:
Back