Anyone using Dynon Skyview HDX with WingX Pro?

NotarPilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
NotarPilot
I currently have an L3 NGT-9000 Lynx which connects nicely to my iPad using Wing X Pro. In a few months I’ll be upgrading to a Dynon Skyview HDX system with the Dynon ADS-B in and out transponder. I’m curious if it connects nicely to WingX Pro and if it displays the same level of information. Any comments from people with first hand experience will be greatly appreciated.

A few days ago I connected my iPad to my HDX, and launched WingX, which displayed traffic and weather from the HDX perfectly, but I forgot to check WingX synthetic vision or its Attitude Indicator to see if it is also using ADAHRS from the HDX.

The traffic display on WingX Also showed aircraft type, which is a nice touch.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, I’m assuming you get weather on your iPad too from the HDX?

Thanks for the response, I’m assuming you get weather on your iPad too from the HDX?

Yes, but I can't tell you what products were in the stream (cloud base, lightning, etc.). I just noticed NEXRAD, so that told me FIS-B was also coming across. Unfortunately I've got the system apart again so I won't be able to tell you more for at least a couple of weeks.

Awesome.

Yeah, I don't know if FF ever upped their game on that one or not. I spoke to them years ago about the usefulness of different icons as not all of us low-alt guys cared to see all the jet icons at 23,000+ feet.

Awesome.

Yeah, I don't know if FF ever upped their game on that one or not. I spoke to them years ago about the usefulness of different icons as not all of us low-alt guys cared to see all the jet icons at 23,000+ feet.

There is an option to hide distant traffic in settings. Been there for a few years at least.

...I forgot to check WingX synthetic vision or its Attitude Indicator to see if it is also using ADAHRS from the HDX.

Checked it today. WingX doesn't appear to use any attitude data. Not sure if Dynon isn't putting it in the stream or if WingX isn't using it. I did connect my Stratux to my iPad and ran WingX, and WingX used the Statux attitude information just fine.

A few days ago I connected my iPad to my HDX, and launched WingX, which displayed traffic and weather from the HDX perfectly, but I forgot to check WingX synthetic vision or its Attitude Indicator to see if it is also using ADAHRS from the HDX.

Are you using the $35 Dynon wifi module to connect to your iPad? I have the Skyview HDX now and when I tried to connect my iPad I didn’t see a wifi signal from the Dynon Skyview.

Are you using the $35 Dynon wifi module to connect to your iPad? I have the Skyview HDX now and when I tried to connect my iPad I didn’t see a wifi signal from the Dynon Skyview.

Yes. Use an android or laptop and configure the HDX till you can see its SSID. If you use the apple, you may be introducing unwanted security or compatibility "features" that'll complicate establishing the connection.

Back