aerobatics instruction program

GAL LEON

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
LEONGALANTE
hi guys im really looking to get into aerobatics as a career .
does anyone can recommend on a professional flight school that as aerobatics program & instruction program ??
thank you all and stay safe
Gal Leon - CPL

California, New York, or somewhere in between?

anywhere actually ' professional flight school i can develop a creer in it.thanks

It's my understanding that this is done not in a formal school setting, but more in a 1-on-1 coaching setting. One of the main guys that I'm familiar with that does a lot of coaching is Bill Stein. Greg Koontz does aerobatic instruction as well but I don't know how much professional coaching he does if any.

If I were seriously looking at a career in the airshow business, there's no doubt in my mind that I'd book a ticket to ICAS in Vegas and talk to as many people as I could. The airshow community in tight-knit and a great group.

I guess you mean like an airshow pilot? Not sure there are “aerobatic careers” otherwise. And even then I don’t know that even airshow guys don’t have a day job, since I;m not sure how good the pay is for your loop de loops at the ever dwindling airshow scene. These guys could get your there-
https://www.xlaviationtailwheel.com/scheduling/
You’ll want a Decathlon for primary and then the Extra or a Pitts for the real yank N bank. No matter where you for training, you’ll want these puppies at minimum.

Slow down pardner! It's great you have such enthusiasm for aerobatics, but there is practically no such thing as a "career" in aerobatics, assuming you are not already independently wealthy. So think of aerobatics as a hobby, which it is. There is no such place as an aerobatic training academy for prepping you for a "career" in aerobatics. You just need to start somewhere and see where it takes you. The basics are the basics and lots of instructors/operations can provide that. You didn't state where you are located.

My recommendation is to join the EAA and the IAC (Internatonal Aerobatic Club, a subsidiary of the EAA), then go to a chapter meetings and maybe a few contests to get acquainted with a few folks who are flying aerobatics. Doing this wouldn't cost much, and you might even get a ride and find out you love it or hate it.

The answers to your questions are here: https://www.iac.org/legacy/common-questions

If you want to be an airshow pilot, focus on IAC competition. Don't try to break into the airshow biz until you can win in advanced or unlimited category at national level. Don't try to shortcut the process by buying a badass monoplane and jumping right into low level waivers. Two of my friends did that and they are dead.

There is an "aerobatics career path" outside of airshows, but it involves specialty instruction in aerobatics and unusual attitudes recovery. One flight school that has instructors in this specialty is CP Aviation in Santa Paula, California (SZP). Full disclosure, my sister is an aerobatics and tailwheel instructor there. cpaviation.com

Back