Ocala FL sheriff plane crash

Aircraft and pilot were involved in a loss of control incident in Greer, SC on June 29, 2019. (Kathrynsreport.com).

He was chief of police of Ocala. Accident occurred in Dunnellon, Fl near airport, X35, where a/c was based. Sheriff of Marion Co made report. My sources state he had about 400hrs in a/c since purchase.

I ferried the a/c there two years ago when he purchased it. Plane had 50hrs since o/h when delivered. Nice paint too.

Real shame. I was flying in same part of the state around the same time as the crash. Beautiful day for flying, calm and clear, not too hot. Wreckage is balled up pretty bad, out in the middle of a large open field. No fire.

crash.jpg

Prelim report usually gives an idea why, but this one is a mystery. Weather was clear, and he crashed in an open field suitable for landing. Almost sounds like he was practicing stalls or MCA, but altitude was low. Possibly medical issue or control malfunction? Will be interesting to see if wreckage indicates spin at impact.

https://www.ocala.com/story/news/20...-chief-greg-grahams-plane-crashed/6278603002/

Back