[NA]new iphone popups[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Lately I am getting at least 2 new popups that I would love to alto/stoppedeh:

1. In either Messenger or Whatsapp, maybe both, it keeps asking, at times when I am not even accessing photos, if I want to allow access to ‘more’ photos.
I will try to get a screen grab on that one.

2. See below; in the music app, it used to.... just play da music. Now, when it is playing a song, at random it pops this one at me; ‘keep on playing or not’? Well, ya-ah, you of all beings know of my music addiction so never mind the questions, keep the record turning.

is there a way to adjust these?

Also, apparently I no longer have complete control of lights & sound - it ‘helps me’ by turning them down when it sees fit, so I am straining to see/hear the thing.

I thought I had autocorrect turned off but in the imessage app, it is still “helping me” by changing the word /before/ the one I am typing - which is infuriating bein betting belief if you think you are done with a word and you happen to notice it change much later!!

not complaints.
just need to know how to get a grip on the machinations of this crazy device!

62D77A18-2D1E-46C1-A8D4-5242B75063DE.jpeg

I wonder if you have another app trying to use the speaker? If you allow notifications, make sure you disable the sound on the notification settings.

I’m assuming you aren’t using the “up next” feature of music app.

That doesn’t look like a stock popup to me - almost like an adware thing. I’ve certainly never seen it, and I have music playing constantly.

That doesn’t look like a stock popup to me - almost like an adware thing. I’ve certainly never seen it, and I have music playing constantly.

Could be Pandora...they used to have a problem where it would play music uncommanded....it would listen to you...if for example it thought it heard the word Margarita....Jimmy Buffet would start playing. :)

Here is the other one:
It’s constantly reappearing, cant shut it off.

96B3B42A-5E29-48C8-B626-B079E690E5C1.png

Its set to Selected Photos despite me selecting More Photos (the most permissive setting) above.
I'll try that - thanks.

or get a smartphone just for business... don't let those biz contacts dictate (no pun) what you have to have on your personal phone.

No, that's stock. It's an iOS 14 thing - Dave, it's wondering if you want to keep playing what you're playing (an album or something) or go back to your "up next" list... Maybe you added something to that inadvertently? If you didn't add something to that on purpose, just hit "Clear" and you shouldn't see it again.

You WILL get more popups now than before because Apple is trying to protect your privacy. It's a wee bit annoying with ForeFlight because every couple of weeks it'll ask if you really want to allow ForeFlight to use your position in the background... But most of the time, it'll be alerting you to things that you may not want.

I wouldn't give WhatsApp any access to pictures whatsoever unless you frequently send pictures with it. WhatsApp is owned by Facebook and they do all kinds of things to try to track your location and any possible buying preferences, and it's downright creepy. You're getting the popup because WhatsApp is trying to gain access to your photo library, and if it's not in response to you trying to send a photo, well, it's up to no good and I would deny it, no matter how many times it asks.

The alerts are being built into iOS. You’ll see more and more of them alerting you to any app asking for anything EXCEPT Apple Apps and iOS itself. They exempt themselves in Apps or move the data collection into the OS itself.

Facebook’s various uses of imagery is generally very sketchy and Messenger and WhatsApp are both owned by them.

Of course Apple’s use of imagery is also sketchy but their app won’t trigger any repetitive alerts sending data to them. LOL.

The backlight, Settings->Display & Brightness. Google what all those settings are for and set appropriately for what you want. Probably TrueTone messing with you.

There is no adaptive volume on iOS. However it does store different volume levels depending if you’re on “hold up to ear” speaker apps, “speaker in phone” apps, and Bluetooth devices. Set level in each when playing each and it’ll usually go back to that level when switching. Usually I say, because it’s buggy.

And remember adjusting volume on a Bluetooth device may be being done in-device or by asking the sending phone to change volume (which will be “stored” as where Bluetooth is at when connecting to the next device).

Back