Caribbean Revisited - Part 5 - IFR into Exuma/Bahamas

wayneda40

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
waynemcc
In the final episode of this short series we revisit an RNAV approach into the Exumas/Bahamas, as it actually occurred IRL and recreated on a home simulator. We also give a shoutout to Parr 4 the Course for informing and motivating our adventure. This video captures every button push and knob twist for flying the RNAV 30 at MYEF on a G1000/Perspective, plus visual approaches to a few additional Bahamian ports of call. Wayne, GeezerGeek Pilot

Were you "IFR" or actual IMC?

Curious as all of my airplane flying in the past 2 years has been to or from the Bahamas.

I am aware of the Jepp approaches that exist at several airports but from my recollection there are only 2 approved approaches in the Bahamas - Freeport and Nassau.

Were you "IFR" or actual IMC?

Curious as all of my airplane flying in the past 2 years has been to or from the Bahamas.

I am aware of the Jepp approaches that exist at several airports but from my recollection there are only 2 approved approaches in the Bahamas - Freeport and Nassau.
We were on an IFR flight plan from Puerto Plata, with some IMC enroute, but the approach itself was in VMC. Exuma (MYEF) is an approved approach (plate shown in the video). Thx for checking in. Wayne

I have the plates from Jepp for MYAT and MYAM but that does not mean I can shoot an approach. Miami doesn't control below 6000 and Nassau won't authorize the approach so I'm trying to figure out how you would make an approach in this case.

I have the plates from Jepp for MYAT and MYAM but that does not mean I can shoot an approach. Miami doesn't control below 6000 and Nassau won't authorize the approach so I'm trying to figure out how you would make an approach in this case.
Good question, and in that was 9 months ago I don't remember the details. Certainly we were on an IFR flight plan MDPP to MYEF. Could be we got a direct JIPOK at some altitude, frequency change approved. In any event, as the video shows by about 4000' we were CAVU. Here's the full video of the IRL flight, but I didn't record audio that day.

Back