any pireps on Eero-Tow E200

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
my shoulder is telling me i need a tug, looking at E200. any pireps?

I bought mine in June. I have a C-172N, and it's s slight uphill push to get it back into the hangar. My back told me it's time to get some help.

Customer service on the purchase was excellent. It arrived on schedule. It came almost completely assembled. Attaching the nosegear attachment fork and connecting the battery lead wire were easy enough.

IMG_4794.jpeg

DSC01249.jpeg

It's simple, seems very rugged and well-built, and it handles the 172 very well, but there are some downsides ...

-- I wish there were a way to operate the nosegear attachment from the handle while standing up, the way the old Power-Tow was with my Bonanza years ago. Instead, I have to crouch down to turn the crank just a few inches ahead of the nose strut.

-- There is no way to modulate speed of the motor, it's either on full speed or off, like the old WW1 radial engines. To go slower, you just have to blip the switch on and off, which is easy enough once you get the hang of it. And if you're going full speed (which is only a very slow walk), the motor doesn't stop immediately; it "coasts" for a foot or two before it stops. You have to be careful in tight quarters. To stop quickly you might have to lift the drive wheels up off the ground.

-- It does not do sharp turns well. You just have to lift the drive wheels up off the ground to make a sharper turn.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

Last edited:
Are you just wanting it for the hangar at home? The Baron I flew for a while had a Sidewinder. The Baron was a little heavy for it going up into the hangar, but would do it if the ground was dry. It was originally purchased for an A36 and moved that easier. It was really nice to fold up and have for moving around at self-serve fuel pumps. Then I didn't have to either keep the engines running while someone else was fueling or deal with extra starts. I could also move it away from the pumps and park it while I went inside without a start.

If just for the hangar the E200 may be better.

I would think your hangar neighbor with the new Vision jet would just lend you his Best Tug Bravo :)

Okay, more serious question. We have a gas powered tug. It always just works. Even when its really cold.

So are the battery tugs really worth it in somewhat cooler climates like FARGO LOL!

@wayne - its for hangar with snow and ice in front of it :p

@Sinistar - i considered gas, but i thought it will be more difficult to start out here (based on how difficult it is to start the darn gas snow blower if its kept outside). all the reviews i have seen people say the battery tugs works great and its always plugged. this particular one comes with a battery minder in it. b/w think my hangar neighbor is still pulling his million(milti?) vision jet with battery powered PowerTow, i am the point of asking him to donate it to me and get a tug that matches the gander of his vision jet.

You actually have a great chance to get a nice tug. With the heavier plane he just might need the newer one.

Our old gas tug actually starts really good when cold. But I busted the clutch cable so its not foolproof to say the least. The clutch is nice for variable speed (when it works!)

That's a sign you need to move farther south. :D
I am on it.. believe me and if everything works out as planned (they rarely does) .. am off to SE next year

finally got it and did a trial run. agree with @Pilawt ... wish there was a way to attach the hook without getting under there. b/w I have read at least one post on VAF where due to some electric juju, the tug moved on its own and the plan hit the hangar at the back, the dude had to rebuild his stabilizer ... so i am keeping the tug not connected to the plane .. at least for now

7.JPG

Back