Quick introduction from South Florida

BocaFlyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BocaFlyer
Hello, winged friends!

Long time lurker, but thought I'd make an account an introduce myself as I once again try and complete my Private certificate.

My first attempt was back in 2006 -- made it to my solo and then ended up having to move and the closest GA airport was over an hour away so I didn't continue.

Moved to South Florida in 2011 and after a few years and a couple visits to Sun N Fun, decided that I should pick it back up in early 2016. Started flying out of FXE renting from Richards' Aviation and working with an instructor. Knocked off the rust, made it through my solo XCs and was close to check ride when my father got sick which derailed things as I got my mother re-situated, etc.

A few weeks ago I realized there's nothing stopping me now, I should jump back in the game and get going once again. Going back up for my first lesson this coming Thursday morning. Hopefully the rust falls off and I can wrap this up.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome both to POA and back to flying!

Hello, winged friends!

Long time lurker, but thought I'd make an account an introduce myself as I once again try and complete my Private certificate.

My first attempt was back in 2006 -- made it to my solo and then ended up having to move and the closest GA airport was over an hour away so I didn't continue.

Moved to South Florida in 2011 and after a few years and a couple visits to Sun N Fun, decided that I should pick it back up in early 2016. Started flying out of FXE renting from Richards' Aviation and working with an instructor. Knocked off the rust, made it through my solo XCs and was close to check ride when my father got sick which derailed things as I got my mother re-situated, etc.

A few weeks ago I realized there's nothing stopping me now, I should jump back in the game and get going once again. Going back up for my first lesson this coming Thursday morning. Hopefully the rust falls off and I can wrap this up.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome to the joint. Sounds like your very close to gittin er done

Welcome!! Knock off the light rust and get 'er done!! You got this

Edit:
(not related, but this is my 500th post! I don't think I have ever gotten that high on any other forum... I thought maybe balloons and confetti would drop from the ceiling... )

(not related, but this is my 500th post! I don't think I have ever gotten that high on any other forum... I thought maybe balloons and confetti would drop from the ceiling... )
:cheers:

That’s a milestone! Keep it up, we are glad to have you!

Hi BocaFly.
I have been flying out of FXE, since 1980...
Seen a lot here. If I can offer any help, ideas etc, drop me a line.
I'm based on the S. side, near the tower.
Capt Gary

Hi BocaFly.
I have been flying out of FXE, since 1980...
Seen a lot here. If I can offer any help, ideas etc, drop me a line.
I'm based on the S. side, near the tower.
Capt Gary

Thanks for the reply, Gary! The airplane I fly is based on the Hotel ramp also on the South side. I think I've seen your plane before.

Also, just an update for everyone who's been so encouraging here: I've flown about 10 hours since jumping back in the saddle a couple weeks ago and everything came right back. My CFI said he'd never have guessed I've not flown in 4 years. I've since taken my written test and my CFI wants me to schedule my checkride. I'm looking to book it with Dan Petrovich in about 4 weeks, assuming that works with his schedule. That gives me time to practice and run through a couple mock checkrides and make sure all of my maneuvers are up to ACS standards. So close, I can't wait to finally get my ticket after all these years.

Next up, time to start looking at an aircraft and hopefully move right into IFR. Fingers crossed!

Back