Biennial flight reviews

Use of TLAs* make us sound important. TLAs**, on the other hand, are pretty weenie.

*Three-Letter Acronyms

**Two-Letter Acronyms

Apologies if this article from Plane & Pilot was already referenced (emphasis mine) :

"The regs never used the term “biennial,” or BFR, to describe the flight review requirement. Therefore, it was clearly evident that the rule could potentially be changed to require it on an annual basis, or more often, and in 1989 such a proposal nearly made it into law; for VFR-rated pilots with less than 400 hours total time, a new regulation was going to be issued requiring a flight review every 12 months. The proposed rule was withdrawn after the lack of statistical evidence supporting it was pointed out."

https://www.planeandpilotmag.com/article/maximizing-the-flight-review/

Me too.

This has been an entertaining thread, but at the end of the day, to quote the great Happy Gilmore "Gold jacket, green jacket...who gives a sh*t?"

Bob Barker was the true star of that movie. LOL. :)

Use of TLAs* make us sound important. TLAs**, on the other hand, are pretty weenie.

*Three-Letter Acronyms

**Two-Letter Acronyms
BFR isn't really an acronym, only an abbreviation. Radar is an acronym.

Of course TLA can be used for Three Letter Abbreviation as well.'

What's the acronym/abbreviation for pedantic, name-dropping, know-it-all ?

BFR isn't really an acronym, only an abbreviation. Radar is an acronym.

Of course TLA can be used for Three Letter Abbreviation as well.'
Three Letter Abbreviation is what I meant, of course...I confused TLA with TLA. :rolleyes:

Back