For Sale: Aircraft Tampa, FL area partnership wanted

mizer2167

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
mizer2167
Looking for a partnership for a Piper Cherokee 180, Warrior or Archer in the Tampa, FL area (KZPH, KCLW, KVDF, X39, X05). Let me know if you have or know of any.

No, technically. Recently found a guy renting an Arch-Warrior at a slightly better rate than the FBOs. No up front costs though.

No, technically. Recently found a guy renting an Arch-Warrior at a slightly better rate than the FBOs. No up front costs though.
The warrior at clw? I saw that. It’s a good looking plane. I’m working on my private now but I have dreams of getting 3 or 4 guys together and getting an arrow. I haven’t found a set up like that in Pinellas CouNty on anything other than a 172.

Yes, same one at clw. It's a nice O/H on the engine and a clean plane overall.

There's a couple of guys at Albert Whited with a 1/4 share in a M20J for $20K if that interests you, I will try to dig up their contact info. I don't believe they'll offer it to you if you're working on your private still though.

That being said, I've come to the determination if you really want a partnership for something other than a typical fixed gear single, you'll need to create one yourself and find the other guys once you have the plane in the location you want. If you buy it right and it's attractively priced, there seems to be enough demand, but insurance might be a hang-up to consider for a retract as the market has hardened quite a bit and with low time and non-IFR, you get hit pretty hard with <100 - 250 hrs. in type.

I saw the mooney. That’s the kind of set up I’m talking about. Cross country plane, reasonable fixed costs, hourly rate low enough to make the break even around 2-3 hours a month vs renting with no daily minimums.

And I think you’re right about buying it first and then looking. I just keep hoping somebody’s already done the legwork and I can just join the party.

What wasn't right about the Mooney? Too high a share price?

The costs in Pinellas Co. aren't great. Hangars are expensive, even shade hangars. The fuel is expensive there. Insurance going up doesn't help that calculus. ZPH is your best bet locally, but it's a long drive to get out there.

The 500 hours minimum won’t work for me anytime soon. And you’re the second person to mention zph being cheaper. But that’s far for me. I’ll just keep looking at chatting and figure something out when the time is right. Sarasota and Venice both have clubs with 182s so I know it’s doable with something more than a trainer.

Last edited:
Must be thinking of a different partnership, but sounds like they have a 500 hr. min on the open pilot clause in their insurance, which is somewhat common for retracts. The one I'm thinking of one of the partners is sub 200 hrs.

Well tbh it’s kind of comforting to know there’s two Mooney partnerships up for grabs at the same time. Maybe this won’t be impossible but I’m not ready yet anyway. Just seeing what’s out there for when I am.

I know of a decent 1979 Archer with 530W? for $32k FIRM in S. FL. I have flown it and it flies nicely.

S. FL being Miami? A bit far from Tampa, no?

S. FL being Miami? A bit far from Tampa, no?

I wasn't talking about a partnership. I mentioned an aircraft for sale that you may be interested in for your partnership. If you don't already have an aircraft.

Ah, sorry I was a little dense there. That seems like a good deal on an Archer so equipped unless it needs the big three. If you don’t mind sending me the owner’s contact info, I’ll follow up.

Ah, sorry I was a little dense there. That seems like a good deal on an Archer so equipped unless it needs the big three. If you don’t mind sending me the owner’s contact info, I’ll follow up.

The Big Three?

I know of a 3 or 4 way 310 partnership if you want to go twin.

Thanks for the replies, unfortunate that the Archer sold.

Salty - I'm not in the market for a twin and I'm not rated MEL.

Reviving this thread since location is similar. I'm in Plant City area, just east of Tampa. Probably buying alone, but not averse to a small partnership for an Arrow, 182, or similar. Anything existing at PCM, LKL, VDF, or ZPH?

I know it’s been awhile but would love to learn more about this 310 partnership in the Tampa area if they’re still in the market for another partner.

Reviving this thread since location is similar. I'm in Plant City area, just east of Tampa. Probably buying alone, but not averse to a small partnership for an Arrow, 182, or similar. Anything existing at PCM, LKL, VDF, or ZPH?

Ed, did you ever start a partnership or buy a plane? We just moved down to the Tampa area and I’m looking for a partnership.

Ed, did you ever start a partnership or buy a plane? We just moved down to the Tampa area and I’m looking for a partnership.
We did. Although it’s more of an equity club. 7 members. 8 is the max so we have one spot left. 69 Mooney M20F hangared at clw. 7,500 buy in. 250 a month fixed. 50 an hour dry- tach. Zero timed prop. 600 hours smoh.

We did. Although it’s more of an equity club. 7 members. 8 is the max so we have one spot left. 69 Mooney M20F hangared at clw. 7,500 buy in. 250 a month fixed. 50 an hour dry- tach. Zero timed prop. 600 hours smoh.
Ed,
I sent you a private message. Thank you for getting back with me so quickly.

Our LLC in KZPH owns a 1972 Grumman Traveler. New paint, 430W, mid-time engine. We have a couple shares open. Message me for details.

Salty, is that partnership still available? Live in St. Pete, looking for a twin partnership, possibly even a T-prop or jet, if the circumstances are right.

I know it’s been awhile but would love to learn more about this 310 partnership in the Tampa area if they’re still in the market for another partner.

Rubyn, did you ever find a partnership? Do you know of any twin partnerships available in the Tampa Bay area?

Salty, is that partnership still available? Live in St. Pete, looking for a twin partnership, possibly even a T-prop or jet, if the circumstances are right.
I don’t know if they want more partners or not, I’ll have to ask. Also, i think they moved the plane to kbkv so it may be too far for you. Let me know if you want me to ask.

Thanks for the response. BKV would be too far, but if you or anyone hears of a share or partnership available for a 6+ seat twin at PIE, SPG, TPA or TPF, I'd be interested.

Thanks for the response. BKV would be too far, but if you or anyone hears of a share or partnership available for a 6+ seat twin at PIE, SPG, TPA or TPF, I'd be interested.
Did you ever find a partnership? I'm in Tampa/Lutz and am interested myself.

Back