Prayers needed

MuseChaser

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
MuseChaser
Years ago, a friend of mine (rabbi) had a heart attack. While in the hospital, the Catholic nuns came by his room and related that the entire house was praying for him. As he remarked to me when I visited ...."I'm happy with all the options -- couldn't hurt!"

“The prayer of a righteous man is both powerful and effective.”

So here’s hoping weak and only partially effective, helps out some.

Or at least the bad joke makes you smile.

Thank you all so much. Sammy is still with us... Doctors found a way to relieve pressure on the brain and now he's showing some response to pain stimuli and some upper body motion. Don't know much more than that at this point. We're very grateful for the good news, still very worried, and always very appreciative of continued prayer support and emotional support for Sammy and his family. Thank you.....deeply.

Prayer sent - my wife is from Oswego, so your family is especially in my heart.

Thank you all. The MRI results, at least as they were represented to Sam's mother, were fairly discouraging, and the family is coping as best we can. I haven't asked for permission to divulge personal details online, so I'll refrain from commenting further. About four years ago, I underwent fairly major heart surgery, and the fantastic surgeon who repaired my heart back to pretty much perfect operation happened to be another pilot who flew frequently with, and was referred to me, by my CFI. I do NOT take the flying world for granted... you folks are an EXCEPTIONAL group of people. As a matter of fact, I called that flying heart surgeon a few minutes ago, hoping he could recommend a similarly talented neurosurgeon. We're on it. PLEASE keep those prayers coming... who knows what form the answer to them may take.

If there HAPPENS to be any top-flight (pun not really intended) neurosurgeons on the board who would be willing to consult... please contact me. I'll cover any and all fees personally.

God bless you all.

Thank you all so much... your love for your fellow humans and your faith are both touching and humbling.

Some good news to report, although it's going to be a long road. Sam's swelling created a lot of pressure on his brain and the vent(s) they had installed couldn't keep up with it, so they had to remove a good part of the side of his skull. According to his mother, one doc described it as a "Hail Mary," although I've spoken with another prominent neurosurgeon who explained that the procedure wasn't really that uncommon. Ok..I know...that doesn't sound like good news, but......

It worked. The pressure was reduced, and over a period of days afterwards stabilized to acceptable levels. They reduced and eventually removed his sedation medication, although he's still on serious pain meds. They were also able to start jaw reconstruction. He's still not fully conscious, but has opened his eyes slightly, responded to vocal requests to squeeze a hand, and they're doing rudimentary physical therapy. Given the severity of his injuries, this is all pretty miraculous. The doctors never really gave the family much hope. You did. Our faith did. And here we are. It'll be a long road, but Sam is still with us, a strong 22 year old with a large caring family, and a wonderful community of human beings here on PoA pulling and praying for him.

Bless you all, and thank you.

More good news...just got a call from my wife's sister (Sam's mom)...Sam's been taken off the ventilator and has been breathinf on his own for the last hour and a half. Through a tracheotomy, of course, but still.... :)

Prayer is a powerful thing. Glad to hear the good report - of course, there's a long road ahead but there are many more prayers coming your way.

Thank you for sharing the progress! It’s encouraging.

Back