Looking for old incident

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Probably in the last 10 years
Involved a crew pulling enough G during upset recovery (not training) to permanently bend wings/tail.
Bizjet? Could have been a KA for all I know.
Other, similar incidents welcome too if you have.

It almost looks like if they had lost another 10 square inches of elevator surface, the plane would have crashed.

Seems to me that there was an airliner or business jet as well...can’t think of what, though.

Seems to me that there was an airliner or business jet as well...can’t think of what, though.
there was a private jet somewhere over the middle East that flew into the wake of an A380.. got bent up pretty badly and pulled some ridiculous g's but landed however the plane I believe was a write-off

There was also an Asian carrier who lost control of a 747 SP somewhere over the Pacific decades ago and the plane was permanently bent. I believe it even went mach at some point

Probably in the last 10 years
Involved a crew pulling enough G during upset recovery (not training) to permanently bend wings/tail.
Bizjet? Could have been a KA for all I know.
Other, similar incidents welcome too if you have.
This? https://flightsafety.org/a380-wake-turbulence-encounter/
..plane was permanently made unflyable
upload_2020-10-16_12-50-31.png

That's the biz jet one.. going back further in time https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Airlines_Flight_006 .. epic fail on this crew's part
upload_2020-10-16_12-51-14.png

there was a private jet somewhere over the middle East that flew into the wake of an A380.. got bent up pretty badly and pulled some ridiculous g's but landed however the plane I believe was a write-off

There was also an Asian carrier who lost control of a 747 SP somewhere over the Pacific decades ago and the plane was permanently bent. I believe it even went mach at some point

Thats the one-forgot about the wake turbulence portion.

Back