My approach into KSAN

Very cool! I was looking through the rest of your photos (hope you don't mind :))...I love those shots at Yates Mill, and the solo/fog fishing...those were awesome photos!

Ahhh SAN. The lovely approach over the high parking garage at short final. :)

Neat approach. I've done it in an A-36 and the P-Baron. Wonderful views; high fuel prices and packed at Jim's Air when I've gone.

Your profession can sure be fun! Great vid! I always enjoyed landing there when riding in back to visit my Dad. Brings back great memories. Thanks.

Best,

Dave

Neat approach. I've done it in an A-36 and the P-Baron. Wonderful views; high fuel prices and packed at Jim's Air when I've gone.

Your profession can sure be fun! Great vid! I always enjoyed landing there when riding in back to visit my Dad. Brings back great memories. Thanks.

Best,

Dave

Dave....if you ever need a passenger in the P-Baron and want to fly to KSAN...let me know. :yes:

Awesome! Looks like you guys were keeping your speed up on final, too. Nicely done :yes:

Want to stop at KLAS on the way to Gaston's? It's a fun little class B airport, too, and it's sort of on the way. We could try to overtake a 737 if they're using the parallel runways. 180 knots indicated to a 1 NM final and then drop the gear. They've got a nice FBO there, too. It's fun!

-Felix

Awesome! Looks like you guys were keeping your speed up on final, too. Nicely done :yes:

Want to stop at KLAS on the way to Gaston's? It's a fun little class B airport, too, and it's sort of on the way. We could try to overtake a 737 if they're using the parallel runways. 180 knots indicated to a 1 NM final and then drop the gear. They've got a nice FBO there, too. It's fun!

-Felix

Cool. Let's do it.

Makes me wish I had a video camera for the time my cousin and I flew into KATL at about 2:30 pm in a Cherokee 140. The radio calls with approach and the tower were quite interesting (like getting a traffic advisory for a 737 passing 500' beneath you!), and I'm sure the folks down in Concourse E (Int'l terminal) were wondering what in the heck was going on when he popped the door open and started waving as we taxi'd by.

I do have one of us flying into Atlanta at nighttime, landing on 27L in a 172. I need to edit that one and get it posted somewhere for public consumption.

How much was the landing fee at SAN?

That must have been fun... makes me wish I could have brought the Champ in there. They would have loved that.
:D

Where else did you fly to in the area?

Did you claim it for the ConUS? (was it even available still?)

I loved flying in that area - I took a flight out of Brown Field... C182 for $105/hr wet!

Makes me wish I had a video camera for the time my cousin and I flew into KATL at about 2:30 pm in a Cherokee 140. The radio calls with approach and the tower were quite interesting (like getting a traffic advisory for a 737 passing 500' beneath you!), and I'm sure the folks down in Concourse E (Int'l terminal) were wondering what in the heck was going on when he popped the door open and started waving as we taxi'd by.

I do have one of us flying into Atlanta at nighttime, landing on 27L in a 172. I need to edit that one and get it posted somewhere for public consumption.

Get on it Bart. I would like to see that video. :yes:

That must have been fun... makes me wish I could have brought the Champ in there. They would have loved that.
:D

Where else did you fly to in the area?

Lets see here...I went to SAN, SEE, MYF, L35, RAL, SBD, CNO, CQR, CMA, OXR, VNY, WHP, POC, CCB, E45 and EMT

Did you claim it for the ConUS? (was it even available still?)

I loved flying in that area - I took a flight out of Brown Field... C182 for $105/hr wet!

No Conus. We didn't stop the engine. We just landed...taxiied back...and took off. I think all the airports I flew into were already claimed. I didn't have the sign for all of them either. Sigh.

Yeah...SoCal is a GREAT place to fly. At 1st I didn't like SoCal but when I left it felt like home. :)

Lets see here...I went to SAN, SEE, MYF, L35, RAL, SBD, CNO, CQR, CMA, OXR, VNY, WHP, POC, CCB, E45 and EMT

My, we were busy, weren't we? :D
At about 80 knots and with only 13 gallons of fuel, I was a little more limited... flying out of Brown, I only made it to CNO, SEE, RNM, F70, and L08. I almost landed at L78, but I couldn't find it (LOL). :D

I think SoCal got its hooks in me, too...I miss it, especially the flying. It was lucky for me that I was working there for eight weeks, and had weekends free. Just the right time of year, too.

I just got back from a quick week in LA, but it was all workworkwork and crappy weather. I wanted to run away and drive down to Brown to take good ol' 70E up for a hop. Sigh.

Last edited:
Brook- Seems like you travel a lot. That's awesome. What do you do?

BTW- Just up in the foothills and found out that the Coiresair is now closed down.

I don't travel THAT much. Heh. I was in KSAN for the Women in Aviation Convention back in March, so I asked Joe Areeda if he would help me with the IR. He said yes. So for the convention I had 24 hours of community service leave to use and 1 holiday so I almost had a free week. The rest of the time I used was vacation time

I am an office assistant.

My family lives in KSAN.

Where is the Coiresaire?

I miss SoCal.

***Where is the Coiresaire?***

The corsair cafe was at Pine Mountain Lake. You ate their food from dogie bags according to your sideshow!!!!

***Where is the Coiresaire?***

The corsair cafe was at Pine Mountain Lake. You ate their food from dogie bags according to your sideshow!!!!

It wasn't the doggie bag that did it...it was that they made us eat in the outhouse. :mad: I don't thing MarkV, Jeanne and Dan were happy about it either.

My hamburger was RAW!!!!! Very gross.

Back