Best pocket guide book?

hunterjordan

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Hunter
I'm currently working on my private pilot and I was wondering if there was any good kind of guide books for VFR. Like a small book i can put in my flight bag that has weather minimums, airspace stuff, frequencies, and just other useful stuff like that all in one place. Kind of like a quick reference guide.

Thanks!

I'm currently working on my private pilot and I was wondering if there was any good kind of guide books for VFR. Like a small book i can put in my flight bag that has weather minimums, airspace stuff, frequencies, and just other useful stuff like that all in one place. Kind of like a quick reference guide.

Thanks!
This isn't really a polished book, but maybe you could pull the items you find useful into two or three pages that you could make into your own custom pocket guide. I found this 6 page sheet very useful as a bird's eye review before going to my check-ride. Verify the info with the latest FAR/AIM as any regulation based stuff is subject to change and could be out of date.

Here is the link, look for the private pilot cheat sheet: https://michaelsoroka.com/pilot-resources/

The Aluminum knee board worked for me when I was just vfr.

VFR kneeboard image:VFR.Kneeboard.jpg

Back