I got $5 on...

Are you betting that someone successfully flies it, or it kills someone? I haven’t been following it lately.

I’m betting on some catastrophic failure that prevents further flights before a fatality occurs.

Last edited:
I’m betting on the first gear retraction, I’m sure he has not considered air loads and it will jam up and a gear up will result.

If anyone really cared about that guy they'd take sledgehammer to his misbegotten ship before it kills someone, most likely him.

If anyone really cared about that guy they'd take sledgehammer to his misbegotten ship before it kills someone, most likely him.
I bet that's what they said about the Wright Brothers.

There's a big honking difference. The Wright Brothers were doing pure Blue Sky Science. There were truly going where no one had gone before. And the only expertise there was was them, they were the greatest experts on what they were doing on Earth. That was why they succeeded while so many others failed. The Raptor is just a fat Velocity with a car engine. That's it. There's nothing at all revolutionary about it. Moreover, the full sized prototype is showing the same instability as the scale model. This guy isn't going to do GA one itzy bitzy bit of good by auguring that thing in somewhere, and that's exactly what's going to happen if he keeps flying it. I just hope to Odin he doesn't hit anyone on the ground.

There's a big honking difference. The Wright Brothers were doing pure Blue Sky Science. There were truly going where no one had gone before. And the only expertise there was was them, they were the greatest experts on what they were doing on Earth. That was why they succeeded while so many others failed. The Raptor is just a fat Velocity with a car engine. That's it. There's nothing at all revolutionary about it. Moreover, the full sized prototype is showing the same instability as the scale model. This guy isn't going to do GA one itzy bitzy bit of good by auguring that thing in somewhere, and that's exactly what's going to happen if he keeps flying it. I just hope to Odin he doesn't hit anyone on the ground.
file-20190117-32825-1vv8hzu.jpg

I’m of the opinion the Wright brothers were more methodical and reasoned in their engineering than raptor guy. They managed to do that without the benefit of an established industry that is being ignored in this little saga. He’s an idiot. Not a hero.

I’m of the opinion the Wright brothers were more methodical and reasoned in their engineering than raptor guy. They managed to do that without the benefit of an established industry that is being ignored in this little saga. He’s an idiot. Not a hero.
I was just pushing steingar's buttons. But I do bet they said that about the Bros back in the day.

I was just pushing steingar's buttons. But I do bet they said that about the Bros back in the day.
I wouldn’t expect someone to make that observation unless they were implying that Peter is like the Wright brothers. Just curious if that’s what you are saying?

I wouldn’t expect someone to make that observation unless they were implying that Peter is like the Wright brothers. Just curious if that’s what you are saying?
I'm saying people probably thought the Wright Brothers were going to kill themselves and maybe someone else in the process.

I'm saying people probably thought the Wright Brothers were going to kill themselves and maybe someone else in the process.
The Wright Brothers did in fact kill people. But in that day and age aviation could't be done safely, there were just too many unknowns. A century later we know a lot more that the Raptor guy is mostly ignoring because like @Salty he thinks he knows better.

The Wright Brothers did in fact kill people. But in that day and age aviation could't be done safely, there were just too many unknowns. A century later we know a lot more that the Raptor guy is mostly ignoring because like @Salty he thinks he knows better.
LOL You love being wrong. I've been saying noting nice about this thing since the beginning.

LOL You love being wrong. I've been saying noting nice about this thing since the beginning.
Me too.

The amount of people trying to keep this guy from killing some else...and now himself...during this 'fiasco' of a build was large. Seems like he ignored all of them. I only hope when he becomes a smoking hole in the ground he doesnt hit anyone on the ground.

Back