Any German speakers aboard?

write-stuff

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
write-stuff
I'd like to know how to pronounce this name. Mathias Rust

Maybe Ma-tyas Rüst ?

Ahhh, malicious hooliganism. I always loved that charge.

I'd like to know how to pronounce this name. Mathias Rust

Maybe Ma-tyas Rüst ?
You pretty much have your answer, but just as an FYI, umlauts are represented by putting the letter “e” after the umlauted vowel when circumstances prevent you from using an umlaut (URLs, email addresses, etc.)

Köln=Koeln
Düsseldorf=Duesseldorf

csm_Die_besten_Lautsprecher_der_Welt__HighEnd_Frequenzweichen_b424a19d68.jpg

He had(has) a bit of a screw loose. A few years later, he spent a year in the clink for stabbing a female coworker.

I do have to respect the degree of courage/crazyness that displayed in that trip. He took a 172 to Keflavik and back before he ended up in russia. That's a lot of cold water to cross.

Last edited:
Thanks for the assists, guys. It was for a Prop Quiz question this past Tuesday. It was multiple choice and all three contestants missed it:

A. El Dorado
B. Hogsmeade
C. Red Square
E. Vatican City

Thanks for the assists, guys. It was for a Prop Quiz question this past Tuesday. It was multiple choice and all three contestants missed it:

A. El Dorado
B. Hogsmeade
C. Red Square
E. Vatican City
Are the letters before the places the type of airspace they have?

A. El Dorado
B. Hogsmeade
C. Red Square
E. Vatican City

We appear to have a county and three cities?

Red Square isn't a city. It's an island of cobblestones in the middle of Moscow. I have a piece of Red Square in a box here somewhere. I picked up a broken piece of pavers when I was there in 1974.
Hogsmeade is a figment of Jo Rowling's imagination.
El Dorado historically is another city of myth, though there have been a slew of real places named that around the world.

The question didn't ask "in what city". It asked what was the illegal destination. No, the A, B, C, and D aren't airspaces. They're the four options by letter.

El Dorado and Hogsmeade are mythical places. I was hoping we could catch someone on one of those.

We had a question a month or so back which asked some question about "Which pilot...". One of the answers was Ted Kaczynski. Two contestants picked him.

The question didn't ask "in what city". It asked what was the illegal destination. No, the A, B, C, and D aren't airspaces. They're the four options by letter.

El Dorado and Hogsmeade are mythical places. I was hoping we could catch someone on one of those.

We had a question a month or so back which asked some question about "Which pilot...". One of the answers was Ted Kaczynski. Two contestants picked him.[/QUOT

Do you laugh or cry at the lack of historical knowledge....

If it was only aviation related, I would shrug it off but I had to show someone a photo of the Berlin wall because they'd never heard of it. *SMH*

Do you laugh or cry at the lack of historical knowledge....

If it was only aviation related, I would shrug it off but I had to show someone a photo of the Berlin wall because they'd never heard of it. *SMH*

The quizzes are always aviation related, but on the multiple choice answers, we usually slip in a fictitious person or serial murderer just for the fun of it.

Oh, there may be a real Hogsmeade somewhere, too. I have no idea. But I was thinking of the mythical El Dorado. Next time we might add Truth or Consequences as an answer option.

Some of my other favorite, but bogus, answers have been "Barney Rubble" and "Baba O'Riley". Oh, Ace Frehly, too. You'd be surprised how many people think he flew fighters in World War II.

Last edited:
Does a German Shepherd speaking english count for anything.??

We've had three German Shepherds over the past 34 years..incredible creatures. As far as I'm concerned, this post wins the internet. No one else need apply...the internet is now closed. This couldn't possibly be any more real or accurate.

His name is included a few times at the beginning of this short video, in German language. The first time is 8 seconds in.

You pretty much have your answer, but just as an FYI, umlauts are represented by putting the letter “e” after the umlauted vowel when circumstances prevent you from using an umlaut (URLs, email addresses, etc.)

Köln=Koeln
Düsseldorf=Duesseldorf

Danke schoen (for want of an umlaut)

We definitely have some funny questions/answers tonight, including another foreign name we are sure to butcher. Drop in for the 35-minute show and watch people embarrass themselves. It starts at 8:00PM eastern.
(And you'll have an onscreen controller to play along in Round 2.)

www.onlinegroundschool.com/propquiz

Back