"new form" airworthiness certificate

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
I was recently talking to a DPE on the ramp and he noticed my original airworthiness certificate from 1965 in the plane and made a remark about it being the "old" form and the Faa is wanting people to get a new one. I couldn't find anything about this from google. We got interrupted and I never had a chance to clarify with him, so I may have misunderstood something. Anybody have a clue what he might have been referring to?

They print them now, instead of being typed onto a blank form with carbon copies. In my case (experimental) the AWC is printed on the same sheet of paper as the first part of the operating limitations.

I was recently talking to a DPE on the ramp and he noticed my original airworthiness certificate from 1965 in the plane and made a remark about it being the "old" form and the Faa is wanting people to get a new one. I couldn't find anything about this from google. We got interrupted and I never had a chance to clarify with him, so I may have misunderstood something. Anybody have a clue what he might have been referring to?

"NOT REQUIRED" and won't be doing it.

I will admit they are nice, clear and neat tho. If I were changing a registration number I'd have to get one. Hmmm N666BT?
upload_2020-10-7_10-2-40.png

b. Exchange.

(1) Eligibility. Owners that hold a current FAA Form 1362A, Certificate of Airworthiness, or FAA Form 1362B, Certificate of Airworthiness, may apply, as appropriate, for a standard airworthiness certificate, FAA Form 8100-2, or a special airworthiness certificate, FAA Form 8130-7.

The NEW new form is just a PDF file. When I was out getting my plane back from the restoration shop while I had just about every other piece of paper (registration, etc...) the airworthiness certificate was among the missing. Fortunately, I had the phone number of the FSDO guy from back home and he reissued it as a PDF. Now I can have as many originals as I like. Sort of like my FCC licenses that are watermarked ORIGINAL COPY. As long as you don't lose the PDF you can have as many originals as you like. If you ask for a new one, they send you one marked DUPLICATE COPY.

Replacement.

(1) Eligibility. The FAA may issue a replacement airworthiness certificate when a
certificate is declared lost, has been mutilated, is no longer legible, or contains inaccurate and/or erroneous information; or when the aircraft registration number has changed. Do not issue a replacement airworthiness certificate for the scenarios provided for under paragraph 2-4.a(1) of this order for amending an airworthiness certificate.

Date of Issuance.

(1) Prefix. When a certificate is being amended, exchanged or replaced, insert the
letter “A” or “E” or “R,” respectively, before the date.

The NEW new form is just a PDF file. When I was out getting my plane back from the restoration shop while I had just about every other piece of paper (registration, etc...) the airworthiness certificate was among the missing. Fortunately, I had the phone number of the FSDO guy from back home and he reissued it as a PDF. Now I can have as many originals as I like. Sort of like my FCC licenses that are watermarked ORIGINAL COPY. As long as you don't lose the PDF you can have as many originals as you like. If you ask for a new one, they send you one marked DUPLICATE COPY.
Now, that there is funny.

(1) Prefix. When a certificate is being amended, exchanged or replaced, insert the
letter “A” or “E” or “R,” respectively, before the date.
Yep, mine has an R before the date, but the date doesn't change when I print it :)

Back