As if 2020 weren't bad enough already....

Yeah, that’s a bummer. One of my early memories was my Dad bringing home a newfangled CD player, and the first disc he played was 1984.

When I was little, 5 or 7 or so, I used to beg my dad to play Dream, because he would play a Blue Angels music video. I didn't know what song it was for quite a few years, but that song and video was absolute awesomeness for this plane-crazy kid. :)

That just sucks. Eff cancer.

I was in high school and blasted Panama and Jump out of my car's tape deck. Had the 1984 album on tape, and listened to Van Halen, Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon... but definitely a lot of Van Halen.

RIP Eddie.

When I was little, 5 or 7 or so, I used to beg my dad to play Dream, because he would play a Blue Angels music video. I didn't know what song it was for quite a few years, but that song and video was absolute awesomeness for this plane-crazy kid. :)

One of the airlines I worked for used 5150 as the flight number on all the flight releases used in the training department. So every training sim and checking event we were 5150 on the “radio”. It was a flight number we used on the line as well. I have been able to check in as flight 5150 a couple times. Always made me smile.

it was always disturbing how many FO’s I flew with that didn’t know of Van Halen. Poor kids these days...

That just sucks. Eff cancer.

I was in high school and blasted Panama and Jump out of my car's tape deck. Had the 1984 album on tape, and listened to Van Halen, Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon... but definitely a lot of Van Halen.

RIP Eddie.

I loved Jump when I first heard it, then later became pretty tired of it. During college I worked at Disney World mixing sound for live bands, and one of the groups I mixed covered Jump. Last tune of the set, four shows a night, five nights a week. After a few weeks it wore pretty thin. But now I only hear it once in a great while and enjoy it again.

They're dropping like flies. I remember when he married Valerie Bertinelli. She was so pretty.

80s kid here too. Top Gun and this song sealed the "dreams" for me. Only took me to 07 to get my ticket LOL. Wonder if the Blue's still use this at performances ? Been years since I have seen them. Rest in peace Edward. Wonder who the 3rd will be. Peart, Eddie, Next in line for me is KISS. They are about that age. :(

Sammy Hagar wins again.
80s kid here too. Top Gun and this song sealed the "dreams" for me. Only took me to 07 to get my ticket LOL. Wonder if the Blue's still use this at performances ? Been years since I have seen them. Rest in peace Edward. Wonder who the 3rd will be. Peart, Eddie, Next in line for me is KISS. They are about that age. :(

and yet Keith Richards is still alive

Back