Best FBO at Dallas Love Field to drop a SW passenger off at

Stephen Shore

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
sshore
I need to drop someone off at Dallas Love Field to catch a Southwest flight. There are six FBOs on the field. Which would be the best choice / most convenient for this mission?

I am aware of landing fees and there will not be a need to get fuel. I don't want to land in Addison. I have landed at Class B's so the airport part is not an issue. I just have a feeling that one of those six FBOs is probably a better choice for this type of trip.

I know this is done all the time so I thought that I would ask in order to shorten my learning curve!

I’ve never been in there in a piston, but I’ve heard good things about Textar

Let em off on a taxiway and keep on moving, skip the fees.

JetAviation is going to be the most convenient from their lobby to the main passenger terminal, just because they are located on the center of the field and on the road into the terminal. Haven’t used them to drop anyone for SWA though, so can’t say whether they’ll shuttle the passenger over there though. Any of the other FBO’s probably only 5-10 minute ride into the terminal if they’ll provide a lift.

JetAviation is going to be the most convenient from their lobby to the main passenger terminal, just because they are located on the center of the field and on the road into the terminal. Haven’t used them to drop anyone for SWA though, so can’t say whether they’ll shuttle the passenger over there though. Any of the other FBO’s probably only 5-10 minute ride into the terminal if they’ll provide a lift.

OK so Jet Aviation is the FBO right at the main entrance across the street from the rental cars and next to the parking garage? That probably would be walkable to the main terminal.

OK so Jet Aviation is the FBO right at the main entrance across the street from the rental cars and next to the parking garage? That probably would be walkable to the main terminal.
Yep - hat’s the one

I have heard that back in the day you could taxi near the main terminal and the jetway for the gate at some airports and let the passenger off to go up some stairs. That convenience is long gone...

I have heard that back in the day you could taxi near the main terminal and the jetway for the gate at some airports and let the passenger off to go up some stairs. That convenience is long gone...

There was such a gate at Love Field, it was located near the baggage claim area. It was common to see a piston single discharge a passenger, who would use a box phone to have the gate opened.

Yep - hat’s the one

Agreed that JetAviation is the best spot for a terminal drop off. Second would be Signature Terminal 1, third would be Business Jet FBO. I believe Texstar is the furthest away because you have to drive all the way around the north side where you pass Business Jet and Signature Term 1.

If you’re going to Jet Aviation, make sure you request 13R/31L when you check in with Regional APP. They will accommodate about 95% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back