Training for tailwheels and crosswind

He is an exceptional teacher. I'm glad he's willing to let you share with us.

Superb. Indeed, on any given day there is considerable entertainment value in watching itinerant pilots attempting to land at the local airport. My instructor was a crusty old-school stick and rudder guy. Not so hot on systems, but boy did he know how to fly anything. And we flew everything in his hangar during training, from Aeonca Champs to Citabrias, Cessnas, and Cherokees. Doug sounds like a great instructor of the same stick and rudder mold.

It's rare for me to watch anything in youtube that isn't a live performance by favorite musicians or, if necessary, a repair how-to (if I can't find a written tutorial which I much prefer). Typically, I can't stand to just listen to someone talk or wade through useless splash screens, "intro," trying to find nuggets of useful information embedded in long stretches of....well... not useful stuff.

Now that I've said that, I watched the entire first video, and even paused and replayed a couple passages more than once. One of the best examples of clear, efficient ground instruction I've ever seen. Extremely useful. Outstanding, Thank you for posting it, and to Doug for allowing his wisdom to be shared. Will watch the second one in short order.

It's rare for me to watch anything in youtube that isn't a live performance by favorite musicians or, if necessary, a repair how-to (if I can't find a written tutorial which I much prefer). Typically, I can't stand to just listen to someone talk or wade through useless splash screens, "intro," trying to find nuggets of useful information embedded in long stretches of....well... not useful stuff.

Now that I've said that, I watched the entire first video, and even paused and replayed a couple passages more than once. One of the best examples of clear, efficient ground instruction I've ever seen. Extremely useful. Outstanding, Thank you for posting it, and to Doug for allowing his wisdom to be shared. Will watch the second one in short order.
Have you watched Martin's videos on twins with the same instructor? It's amazing. So many things I didn't understand like Vmc roll and critical engine are laid out so even I can understand it. Absolutely worth your time.

Back