6Y9 Flyin Labor Day Weekend 2020

Your MH would look good up here Ted

Maybe next year. Between Laurie being out of town and needing to get some things finished up on the RV to get it ready for the road, it wasn't going to happen.

But between us 1) wanting to do more travel now with the RV and 2) having more time with me not doing Cloud Nine, my hope is that we can spend more time being better friends. 6Y9 would actually be pretty appropriate for that. I remember 11 years ago I was going to show up to 6Y9 in the Aztec but I canceled last minute because there was a transport that came up. It was a big transport that had been following another big transport, and there were some people involved that I had hoped would pan out to become more significant sponsors (they didn't), hence the motivation.

And then just busy with getting married, having kids, all of that. Maybe now we can actually stop and smell the roses and go visit friends from time to time. Funny how traveling at 70 MPH instead of 270 MPH, still getting fuel economy in the single digits makes some trips easier.

I fully understand and the desire to take the family to some great destinations should trump a fly-in any day. My hope is to spend two or three weeks in the UP in conjunction with the 6Y9 fly-in some year. There is a lot to do and see there and the temps this year were great, mid 40's in the morning and highs that hovered between upper 50's and 60's. that is my kind of weather. For reference we had a 45' Tiffin on the field this year with a couple from WI. Gorgeous coach, Also had a 5th wheel on the field, and a truck camper at the school. We were parked at Brad and Diz's place. As always great to see Dr Bruce and his lovely wife.

How was the turnout this year? I know "what happens in sidnaw, stays in sidnaw......because there is no cell service", but are y'all still getting a good turnout from the community and planes up there?

How was the turnout this year? I know "what happens in sidnaw, stays in sidnaw......because there is no cell service", but are y'all still getting a good turnout from the community and planes up there?

Small turnout. 11 planes. Was a 'private' event this year open only to pilots and friends. Although some friends were newly made.

Small turnout. 11 planes. Was a 'private' event this year open only to pilots and friends. Although some friends were newly made.

I thought we had 12.

'Cause that would make a huge difference. :D

Hopefully I'll get up again, but I need lots of clear wx and less virus. Only reason I don't get up there more often is my window is too small. I've only once made it up and back without being stopped hard by wx.

Back