GTN 650 Descent Calculator

Lando

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Lando
When I flew over the weekend, the descent calculator utility in my GTN 650 would let me enter all the variables but it would not do the calculation. I also noticed that the unit was slower than normal to acquire satellites when booting up. Anyone else seen this before?

Do you have VNAV enabled? If so that thing is disabled and you have to use the VNAV thing on the flight planning page.

Do you have VNAV enabled? If so that thing is disabled and you have to use the VNAV thing on the flight planning page.
Hmmm...I’ll have to take a look. Thanks for the idea!

The unit must be in GPS mode to work. VNAV will not work in VLOC. Just something else to check.

Are you using VNAV or VCALC in your GTN 650? The unit should be capable of one or the other with a configuration change.

Are you using VNAV or VCALC in your GTN 650? The unit should be capable of one or the other with a configuration change.
I’ve always navigated to Utilities > VCALC and then just configure the waypoint, offset and altitude in there to get the time/FPM. Hoping to get out to the hangar again in the next couple days to explore.

Am I understanding correctly that if something was reconfigured the VCALC tool would still show up in utilities, but would not work anymore? It’s only one or the other?

Back