For Sale RAM Twist-Lock Dual Articulating Suction Cup Base

SoCal 182 Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
SoCal 182 Driver
Friends - I bought this device a few weeks ago, but discovered it's not going to work in the configuration I had intended for it.

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-189B-PIV1U.

Basically, it's a mounting plate with two suction cups on it that articulate, which allows you to mount the plate on a surface that's not flat and, for example, has a curve to it (like a side window).

I never even flew with it...just played with it in the hangar. After installing it, I discovered it just wasn't right for me. That's the bad news. The good news is that the suction cups held like crazy! No problem holding my iPad Air with a Ram Roll'r mount.

RAM's current price is $48.49 (I paid $53.99 a few weeks ago), plus tax, plus shipping. I had mine shipped ground, and it still cost me $75.00 out the door! I'll sell it for $50, including shipping to the CONUS.

PayPal (friends and family) or Venmo preferred.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Can you post a link or a pic? I might be interested ..thanks.

There is a link in my initial description above. Thanks for your interest!

NO! That has fixed suction cups, so you can only use it on a completely flat surface. The unit I'm selling has suction cups that have adjustable bases (they articulate) so you can use it on surfaces that aren't completely flat.

Here's the description from RAM's website:

"The RAM Dual Articulating Suction Cup is an amazing innovation in suction cup mounting. With the ability to independently articulate each suction cup, this mounting base can be used in a variety of applications such as curved windows and surfaces. Whether you are mounting to a curved surface on a vehicle, or a curved windshield, this product is the ideal solution for secure suction cup mounting."

Back