Which is the best Piper forum?

jd21476

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
jd21476
So I was looking for a forum that deals more with piper aircraft and specifically the Comanche. I have found three but they all want me to pay for a membership and I hate doing that but I will if it is a good site. I hate paying for a forum only to find out that no one really uses it and its worthless.

Can anyone recommend a worthwhile site?

AND yes I know about this site...thanks

Websites generally start strong and then swirl into an abyss of BS. Look for the newest one.

They charge $20 per year. While it is fairly cheap compared to other sites I dont want to pay for a site that is not any good.

Ugh. Don't be so cheap, man! A shop I work with recently said that they'd looked for a part for our Cardinal and couldn't find one, then did find one for like $700... if I'd known the part number and asked first at the Cardinal Flyer's forum I could've had that same part for under $50. Most any "active" forum with owners is going to be worth that. This won't help you with a Comanche, but the Short Wing Piper group is really helpful, too.

Your missing my point, Im not being cheap. I am willing to pay but I want to make sure its a valid forum first. Why pay for a BS forum if I dont have to.

Your missing my point, Im not being cheap. I am willing to pay but I want to make sure its a valid forum first. Why pay for a BS forum if I dont have to.
So a VERY quick look at https://www.piperforum.com/ shows the first 10 categories all have replies within the last several days. The Comanche portion doesn't look quite as active, but it certainly doesn't look dead.

I cannot even fathom paying for piperforum.com as I hardly used it when it was free. It was started up, by the way, as a replacement for the Piper Owner Society forum when it went to hell, so many of the people switched over to piperforum.com.

In terms of technical support, it's okay, depending on what you are flying, but not any better than the POS or the PB. Probably not even as good, really, giving the limited user base.

I just checked, it is pay now....I used to go there all the time but it has been about 5 weeks. So this is pretty new...

I'm on Piperforum. I find it real useful for my Cherokee. Several regular contributors who really know their stuff.

I think the delphi knowledge base is more comprehensive for comanches. Piper forum comanche subsection is pretty dead by comparison.

Isn’t there a Comanche flyers forum,specifically for Comanche pilots?

Piper forum has saved me thousands of dollars. Literally thousands. I had a gear issue that I would still be working on if not for that forum. The failed part was not listed in the parts manual, but someone on the forum had been down the same road before.

I also belong to the VW Vortex Fourm.. they actually have some model specific sub fourm there... just a saying

I did pay for a membership to Piperforum

I know this thread is older, but I am now in the same boat. Just bought a Cherokee 6-260 and want to sign up for the most active current and knowledgeable forum. I've been spoiled by beechtalk but no longer have a bonanza.

I know this thread is older, but I am now in the same boat. Just bought a Cherokee 6-260 and want to sign up for the most active current and knowledgeable forum. I've been spoiled by beechtalk but no longer have a bonanza.
You sold a Bonanza!?!? I always thought that the owners estate sold Bonanzas. FWIW I have gotten a lot of use out of the Piperforum. It is worth $20.

@Morgan3820, Ha! it's one of those planes I wish I had kept but circumstances change. I did want a 6 seater while the kids were young and the 6 is the most affordable route!

Maybe. It will let me log in, and view forums, but I can't actually view the threads themselves.

I hadn't been there in a while but alas, it is $20 per year now. Not sure if its worth it. There was a lot of information there but not much traffic.

Back