Aircraft rental near SNA or LGB?

mswmsw

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
mswmsw
I’m trying to find an outfit - or an individual - in SoCal, preferably SNA or LGB, that has a reasonably fast (140+ kts) aircraft for rent, that can be “gone” for two day trips about every six weeks, and about three or four 5-6 day trips per year. Plus the occasional $200 hamburger local flight. I’m not having much luck the usual aircraft rental outfits. I’m an ATP/CFI/CFII, 12000 hrs TT.

This is sad to read. Angel City (Diamond Dealer, flight school & rental) no good? Or DA40 too slow?

DA40 would be ok. Are you affiliated with Angel City Flyers? How many DA40’s do they have? .....Couldn’t tell from their website. My experience is that aircraft rental outfits with small fleets are unwilling to rent aircraft for long trips without unrealistically large flight hour minimums per day.

If you're potentially interested in a co-ownership (1/3 or 1/4 share) of a 1977 182Q, 135 KTAS cruise, hangared at KFUL, PM me for specs. Your needs would likely fit well with our scheduling/availability.

DA40 would be ok. Are you affiliated with Angel City Flyers? How many DA40’s do they have? .....Couldn’t tell from their website. My experience is that aircraft rental outfits with small fleets are unwilling to rent aircraft for long trips without unrealistically large flight hour minimums per day.

not affiliated but flew around 50 hours with them maybe 5 years ago. Getting recurrent after 10 years, doing G1000 transition and then stayed on renting and having fun flying family around. Online scheduling was easy. But I never asked about a multi day rental.

we bought a cirrus, but had I stayed with Diamond, would have continued renting there for sure.

Still searching.......... anyone know an owner at SNA or LGB with an under-utilized high performance airplane that they might like to rent occasionally? I'm an ATP/CFI/CFII, and would be happy to trade instruction for aircraft time or a discounted price. A Cessna 210 or PA32 would be ideal, but would consider anything reasonably fast. Light twin would be ok too. Cessna 414? King Air? I have lots of time in those too! (But I couldn't afford to rent those!)

Last edited:
Back