430W Training Recommendations?

frostyeric

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
frostyeric
Just bought a new-to-me Garmin 430W. Any recommended training programs to transition to 430W while I wait to have it installed? I've seen some DVD programs and know Sporty's used to have a training program around the 430 series Garmins, but it seems like those have gone away.

Direct, enter, enter.

Done lol

There is a simulator you can download, play with that and some YouTube videos or the king program, that should get you pretty much there

The one in xplane is pretty good. $60 buys you not only a 430 simulator, but you also get to practice using it in 'real' scenarios.

The one in xplane is pretty good. $60 buys you not only a 430 simulator, but you also get to practice using it in 'real' scenarios.

For X-Plane, you can also buy the GNS430 from RealityXP for $35 which works almost like the real thing.

I played a lot. Watched some yT. Also I did buy the King course on it -was ok.
Direct enter enter is nice and Easy. But pepper use of “direct direct enter” will make some days a lot easier!!!

Tons of features beyond Direct-enter-enter. Lots of YouTube out there. The King School stuff isn’t too bad. If you’re in Dallas come fly with me

There has been a rash of 430’s being stolen. Make sure when you buy a used one that you can establish its Provenience. Ask for the registration number of the aircraft it was removed from and the serial number of the unit and proof of purchase ect..
3 430’s stolen yesterday at my airport.

Back