The watch made for pilots

I prefer mechanical watches and a dive bezel comes in handy for more than diving.

This watch does look good for a battery watch

616333_garmin-tactix-delta-sapphire-edition_t683.jpg

Spo2, heart rate etc

Night mode

Zero transmit mode

Has some apps for other hobbies

Jump mode

emergency contact

MIL-STD-810

Sapphire and PVD, so it should look good for a long time.

https://www.govx.com/p/104510/garmin-tactix-delta-sapphire-edition

Trying to figure out how you’d manage to get the required 2” EXPERIMENTAL decals to fit?
DO they have to be unfolded or can they be folded up in a small square and attached with double-sided tape? LOL

I’ve had my Series 6 for a few days now.

Nice upgrade from my Series 3. Lots of nice little features, most of which have been discussed upthread.

I’ve settled on one of the “Infograph” faces, which crams a lot of info on the small screen without seeming too cluttered:

50509804741_da766b5d8f.jpg

Upper corner is battery charge.
Upper right is a quick way to get heart rate.
Lower left is compass/altimeter.
Lower right is moon phase*.
Top subdial is day and date.
Right subdial takes you to the oximeter
Bottom subdial is UTC**.
Left subdial is temperature with day’s high and low.
Alerts in the arc across the top.

Tapping on several of those take you to a screen that expands on their function.

Lots of ways to customize, but this works for me now. The oximeter seems to work OK. Also playing around with the Sleep app.

In short, hardly earth shattering or essential, but a nice and handy little piece of tech.

*Moon phase is kind of silly, but my dad passed on to me a Breitling with moon phase that got stolen, so this is just a little homage to that watch.

**I wish there was a way to display UTC there in digital format.

A long time ago someone tried to talk me into a Rolex. No way.

Late to the thread, but my wife gave me a Breitling as a wedding gift. No way turn that down. It has sat in a drawer for the last 5 years because I'm tired of breaking the bank to keep it repaired. I've spent more on having the watch serviced than the watch actually cost. I haven't looked recently, but the last time I did, Breitling was kind enough to warrant your watch against defects on a perpetual basis as long as you sent it in every 2 years for an $875 service.

Just insane when I can get a Timex Ironman for $35 bucks or a decent looking Citizen pilot (or dive) watch for $200 that won't cost an arm and leg every couple of years.

Last edited:
Back