Add to this story There I was at 13,000' - one engine feathered . . .

Things were worse than I thought and were about to get worse ... the FA came forward and indicated there was a Cirrus pilot in the back ... I yelled at her if I needed to declare a straight in final, lean forward or announce ATITPPA I'd seek his assistance ...

"Just curious," said the FA, "whether you were having any weird flashes of alternate-reality just then, like I was? For a second there, it was as if we'd crashed into a hangar. And then were floating in a life raft for some reason. But now we're back in the air again...!"
"Yeah, I saw that too," I replied. "It was probably my very expensive Pilot Watch. It can tell your altitude, O2 saturation, and also open up space/time/reality portals based on a pilot's deepest fears and darkest dreams... now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I paid extra for that feature..."
The FA considered this thoughtfully. "That explains how poor Roger ended up north of Minneapolis," she said, "He never quite recovered from that canoe trauma in the Boundary Waters."

On the other hand, he did get quite friendly with some local beavers. You should see their mylife page.

You can't determine the boundary waters unless you push them

At this point, the constant whirling dervish of disconnected thoughts and images screaming through my subconscious drowned out the one thought that had continued to puzzle me since this whole melee began.,,,,,

How did I feather an engine in the first place? And why didn't I feather the prop?

Oh well...back to Epstein's ghost, banjo music, local beavers, pilot watches, Cirrus drivers, and AI. Easier to deal with....

I remember now. The prop fell off so all I could do was feather the engine. Duh..... But why did I even bother to do that in the first place?

I was pretty confused about the prop falling off, because this a twin-engine jet aircaft.

But it was also a European jet, and sometimes they do weird things over on the continent. At least the engine that’s left doesn’t have one. That’s all that matters for now.

that, and whether or not the engine that’s left is the left engine.

In any case, I needed to focus on the avionics and equipment that were still functional. In the back of mind I kept reminding myself of the difference between Boeing's and Airbus' approach to user interfaces. I hope I kept them straight...

This was my first chance to see Grenada so I decided to prop a glass of Grenadine.

I've always been a sucker for the Bolivian National Anthem

I opened another bottle of Teacher's, in a valiant effort to pop that song OUT of my head.

But what immediately cleared my mind was the buzzing and clicking of the CRM-114 as it received a code to ...

So I pulled out a challenge coin to make the decision in less-than-scientific way.

For once, my lucky astrology mood watch and my Magic Eight Ball agreed.....

Unfortunately, I dropped the Challenge coin and it rolled down the aisle to aft latrine and into the waste tank.

I don't think I want that Challenge coin back, even if it came from the SECDEF herself.

..... and it just annoyed me so much I could spit. Whoever put it on the plane just had NO idea what a boa was for, and the colors. ewwwww!

The FO looked at me and said "what the heck are you talking about?"

And he replied "so, nobody will mind if we dump the slugs..."

I told him to get a pair of the Rhinestone Encrusted Glasses from one of the impersonators so I could see...

Back