Anyone got a sack of Celcos for sale?

Strutwipe

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Strutwipe
Hi All,

I will be finishing up the rudder this weekend and realized I'm going to need a lot more celcos. I can buy them off various web sites but if you want to clean out your hanger, I would be willing to pay you fair market price and USPS shipping. I will even send you the shipping slip. I only need #30 and #40. Since you all have already gone through this part of the process, will 100 of each type be enough? Maybe more of one size then the other? I need enough for the wing/fuselage. I would think the fuselage would require more than a wing. Maybe 200 of each?

You'll never have enough clecos, and you'll run out at a very inconvenient time. Also, clecos are tools and you can never have enough tools.

I don't have any extra, but I received another 100 #30 today and have a 10% discount code I can PM you if you need to order retail.

I think if you do one component at a time you'll need a lot less. On mine I started the stabilizer and elevator before I was done with the rudder and upped my need for clecos...a lot.

Best deal I’ve seen is The Yard Store where I got mine.

Cheers

Thanks Doc and John. As I was drilling the rudder skin last night, I had the same thought that you could never have enough celcos, then I ran out :mad:. I normally do skin repairs (I have about 20 of each size) and such but this is a different animal. I figured if someone has a five gallon bucket they are tired of tripping over, I would take it off their hands. Who are you getting yours from and yeah, PM the code. If nothing shakes loose from POA then I guess I'll have to inject some stimulus money into a big corporate distributorship. I'm building the CH650 and the wings are CH601 so I have to do the B Mod, so I'm not in that big of a rush. BTW, Brown Tools has them for $0.54 each and made in US.

Best deal I’ve seen is The Yard Store where I got mine.

Cheers
Yep, The Yard. I totally forgot about that one, thanks. Funny, that's where I got my 2X rivet gun. It has USAAC stamped on the handle for US Army Air Crop, it's pre 1946 or so an Old Timer told me. I love that little sucker. I'll check out their site.

Update, I just found out it's #30 and #20 is required.

Shop around on buying clecos. Best deals I found were buying 250 count bags direct from the manufacturer. Last ones I bought like that, were about half of what everyone was listing them for.

Since you all have already gone through this part of the process, will 100 of each type be enough? Maybe more of one size then the other? I need enough for the wing/fuselage. I would think the fuselage would require more than a wing. Maybe 200 of each?
Vans can tell you how many clecos you will need for each of their kits. I would hope Zenith would be able to do the same thing. I'd give them a call before you buy a bunch based on a guess.

Vans can tell you how many clecos you will need for each of their kits. I would hope Zenith would be able to do the same thing. I'd give them a call before you buy a bunch based on a guess.
Yes they can. Zenith does too. But they (and Vans) assume you're working on one component at a time. If you are doing multiple components at a time you need more.

Yes they can. Zenith does too. But they (and Vans) assume you're working on one component at a time. If you are doing multiple components at a time you need more.
Ok but I'm not seeing a reason not to call and find out the baseline number. Why buy 500 clecos if it just so happens 300 would be plenty for working on several components at once?

Thanks all. After some research, I only need 200 of each. I will be only building one component at a time and if I drill and rivet the fuselage in the correct sequence all should be well.

Make sure you don’t need some odd sizes. I needed about 10 or so special ones for a few locations.

Cheers

Back