I hatred tuna casserole[rant]

That would be good, but I've never caught or bought a live no-shell lobster.

I have! I was wading through maybe 6” of water on a tidal flat, and spotted a lobster about 8” long from tail to tip of the claws. I screwed up my courage (because lobster have been living in that environment for a few million years longer than I...) and grabbed it. It wasn’t a soft shell, it was a no shell!

The little guy gummed my hands as hard as he could, but to no avail. Then I let him go. I told him to hide in the seaweed until his shell hardened up a bit and then we could have Round 2.

I do hope I did not hurt him too much. I love lobster legally caught and properly cooked.

-Skip

I have! I was wading through maybe 6” of water on a tidal flat, and spotted a lobster about 8” long from tail to tip of the claws. I screwed up my courage (because lobster have been living in that environment for a few million years longer than I...) and grabbed it. It wasn’t a soft shell, it was a no shell!

The little guy gummed my hands as hard as he could, but to no avail. Then I let him go. I told him to hide in the seaweed until his shell hardened up a bit and then we could have Round 2.

I do hope I did not hurt him too much. I love lobster legally caught and properly cooked.

-Skip

I've made this a few times, usually on the 4th of July. My grill isn't big enough so I do it in the oven.

I remember having some soft shelled lobsters in 2012. They were very good. Soft shell, not no shell. We went about a week in Maine and Massachusetts where we had lobster every day. My wife was in heaven. :)

If canned salmon is too boney for you, don’t even think about trout, unless it’s already been butterflied at the market. It’s got more bones than you can count and it’s really easy to get jabbed in the gums when you eat it if they haven’t all been removed. It’s a great tasting fish, but it’s not the easiest to eat! :)

If trout is difficult for someone, don’t try Northern Pike. Totally different structure and you always end up with one side full of little pin bones.

But delicious ... if you’re willing to work on that side after eating the other one.

Trout are much easier to debone.

Back