Average pay for SWA $300k by 2020

I think the more pertinent question is, how many apply each year? I think the answer would surprise you. And i don't know where you got your number, and I have no idea if you're right or wrong, but 20 actually seems high to me. Could be, though.
My brother, being a graduate, is where I got that number, however:
"Class sizes have been uniformly quite small, with recent classes having about twenty students." "Admission into the USAF TPS is clearly extremely competitive, with thousands of pilots to select from. The best and the brightest of the available thousands compete to attend this School." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Air_Force_Test_Pilot_School
"The United States Air Force Test Pilot School (USAF TPS) is where the Air Force's top pilots, navigators and engineers learn how to conduct flight test and generate the data needed to carry out test missions. http://www.edwards.af.mil/Units/USAFTPS

Last edited:
You're right, there are none better than the fighter jock! Sadly, I wasn't one of them. Just a lowly Tanker Guy trying to feed his wife and kids (also a bit of C-12 time and a four-year stint instructing in the T-37).
Nothing wrong with that, little buddy. My brother flew tankers, and being an EE and computer science guy, while a KC-10 IP, he developed mission planning software for the KC-10 and obtained Air Force approval for employment across all KC-10 units.

I could tell you, but then you'd have to kill me...or something like that.
That's why they say, "You'll be sorry!"

Nauga,
who wasn't.

I actually knew a guy who was sorry. Said if he could go back again, he never would have put in for the course.

I've seen their little selection prep book. Way above my college math background. I'd last all of a month...at least until I got a Hornet ride, then I'd drop. :D I actually knew a guy who did that as well.

I actually knew a guy who was sorry. Said if he could go back again, he never would have put in for the course.
I don't think that's all that uncommon.

I've seen their little selection prep book. Way above my college math background. I'd last all of a month...
Well, they used to send the Army guys through remedial, er, refresher academic training beforehand. :rolleyes: Seriously.

Nauga,
drinking from the firehose

We still have 3 months left to see this become reality, right?

The pilot life is the life for me ;p
Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a pilot’s life for me
We pillage, we plunder we rifle and loot
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot
We extort, we pilfer we filch and sack
Maraud and embezzle and even high-jack
Drink up me hearties yo ho
We kindle and charts inflame and ignite
We burn up the city we're really a fright
We're rascals, scoundrels villains, and knaves
We're devils and black sheep - really bad eggs
We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads
Drink up me hearties, yo ho.

Thread didn’t age well, necro posting notwithstanding.

This will all be an interesting experiment on “trimming the fat”.

I suspect that the virus BS will put this about two years behind, but I suspect things will recover quickly once life gets back to normal.

Back