Help-Med Denied

On the subject of PTSD. If you have serious issues, get help. Don’t try and work thru the problem. Just found out tonight an old friend from the Army committed suicide. Officer with over 22 years in. Had retirement in the bag but ended it all at only 40 yrs old.

No telling if it was PTSD or just depression but man, I’ve known too many vets that have taken their lives. Find help, do something to keep your life worth living for. Don’t give up.

Last edited:
Thank you. However, it seems like a lot of instruction and activity went on between the issuance of the original medical, and then the subsequent denial. I wonder how much time passed...

In my case a long time (~6 months) passed between my exam and a letter from the FAA asking about my sleep apnea. I could see how one could get pretty far into PPL training before this comes up.

Luckily my case was easily resolved as reporting that was a mistake on the part of the examiner.

On the subject of PTSD. If you have serious issues, get help. Don’t try and work thru the problem. Just found out tonight an old friend from the Army committed suicide. Officer with over 22 years in. Had retirement in the bag but ended it all at only 40 yrs old.

No telling if it was PTSD or just depression but man, I’ve known too many vets that have taken their lives. Find help, do something to keep your life worth living for. Don’t give up.
QFT.

Connecting%20Vets%20Sponsors_775x425_VetCrisis.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back