Phase One of EAB operating limitations?

Vance Breese

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Vance Breese
May a student pilot legally fly phase one of his experimental amateur built aircraft operating limitations with a solo endorsement for that aircraft?

Yes, provided the aircraft's operating limitations don't explicitly prohibit it.

A friend of mine made the first flight of the Sonerai he'd built while he was still a student. Ballsy CFI...

Thank you. What I found confusing is that my operating limitations issued in 2010 appear to prohibit and the latest operating limitations appear to me to allow it.

You can get your op limitations updated. Basically it involves applying for a new AWC which comes with new limitations, which may or may not be more restrictive (but they follow a template so you know what you'll be getting). I've done it twice.

You can get your op limitations updated. Basically it involves applying for a new AWC which comes with new limitations, which may or may not be more restrictive (but they follow a template so you know what you'll be getting). I've done it twice.
My phase one was finished long ago.
I am a flight instructor and I have been giving the wrong information because I had not seen the latest operating limitations.
POA seems to have a lot of pilots so I thought I would ask.
Thank you, Vance Breese

Back